Speculation: "Something brewing" between Habs and Oilers

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Why should the Oilers deal with the Habs? At this point they're playing better than le Canadien.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
every time Bergevin made a trade, he surprised everyone and there were no rumors before the trade...

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
every time Bergevin made a trade, he surprised everyone and there were no rumors before the trade...

With the Habs in this deep funk...she could be a barn burner too much smoke to keep out of sight

Could be some big names swapping jerseys.....

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Brian Wilde (not a reference on HF) believes there may be other players involved, but otherwise the on going rumor from earlier today has remained the same.

If the trade is Kassian/ Scrivens, an Oiler fan says it would be a "lose/lose" deal, sums it up pretty well. Would much rather land a pick than acquire Scrivens.

Last edited:

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I won't be surprise if a big trade involving Ryan Nugent Hopkins and Nathan Beaulieu with prospects and picks are involved.

Edmonton's defense is just brutal.
Pretty sure McDavid and Draisaitl are their future #1-2.
Edmonton needs to unload some cap space to fill out a balance team.
In a few years: McDavid, Hall, Draisaitl, Erberle, RNH will eat up 50% of team cap.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
No...I'm saying if Habs been talking with Oilers for the last month....It's got to be bigger than Kassian...

Yes, you would imagine that. The Oilers however are now just 3pts away from the POs, so I strongly doubt they move a key piece.
Eberle in December has been hot. He is pretty much 1ppg player with 10pts in 12gp.
Yakupov is injured and since McDavid got injured his production dropped significantly, I strongly doubt we go after him. Not to mention he doesn't strike me as the Therrien type.

I really don't see anybody interesting they would move at this point to us without costing roster players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->