Someone needs to remind commentators that you can't call timeout after your team ices the puck

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
It's been like 5 years since they clarified the kicking rule and yet every time a puck goes in off a foot the commentators start rambling about the old rules and how they don't understand the changes. It's no surprise that fans get confused about the rules when commentators keep giving out incorrect information.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I think it was Greg Millen during the Jets game talked for 5 minutes about how stupid the Jets were for not calling an timeout during the icing. Couldn't someone in the control room mention the rule change to him?

Reactions: funky11

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
All the people named in here for doing this commentate on Canadian teams. As someone who near exclusively watches Altitude broadcasts of Avalanche games, I've never experienced this. Canada's game, eh?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Hopefully they start giving bench minors for teams that purposely delay face offs after icings, too.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I think it was Greg Millen during the Jets game talked for 5 minutes about how stupid the Jets were for not calling an timeout during the icing. Couldn't someone in the control room mention the rule change to him?

Kinda says something about Millen that the control room wouldn't bother.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad