Someone needs to offer sheet Brayden Point

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
He's a good 1 for sure. I think Tampa would match any reasonable offer made to Point though.

They can match, but I think the value of the offersheet comes from signing Point to one of those deals that negates the lovely tax advantages Tampa always enjoys when signing their players.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
it's more likely that a ~10 x 4-5 with 1st+1st+2nd+3rd for comp gets thrown out than a monster 8 year
I think they can match ten . Pretty much every Tampa fan has thought out how they would drop that much to keep him . 14 maybe not . Tampa has the problem of giving all their players no trades otherwise 14 would just be a debate on picks vs cost

Last edited:

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
Tampa is one of the best teams in the league at developing young talent and you want to give them four additional first round picks to do it with?! The madness!

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Not only will they get Point signed to a reasonable contract, they will also get EK65 to sign for a reasonable contract and blow everyones minds

Point is going nowhere so there is no need for constant threads made wishing you guys can get him on your team
Then they'll doze off while a lesser team jumps them to win a cup and TB fans will start clamoring to add McDavid too because then they'll definitely be good enough to win.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
They are a great team for sure but...

Other teams can keep up. That is why Presidents -trophy is the only thing Tampa has won recently.

I meant in a development way. They produce good rookies every year. many of whom (Kuch, Point, Vasi) transition into elite players shortly thereafter.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Its the best way to hurt Tampa. This team is going to be too strong going forward as it is... So I say go for it.

Who would even be interested in just "hurting Tampa"?
Why overpay for a player AND pay the pick compensations? (You'd pretty much need to overpay since otherwise Tampa matches easily )

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
He scores and he fights, even in the playoffs. If he's available, you gotta offersheet him, he's that good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->