Somehow wound up with the better guy...

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Guys like Grigorenko and Dumba were still on the board and some people, at least the consensus might have said these were the best two still available (or Forsberg) at the time, but we're far better off with Lindholm who's not far off from a number 1 defenseman already. Still up in the air whether or not Trouba or Forsberg will be clearly better, all I know is the Ducks need Lindholm more than they need Forsberg. Kinda even between him and Trouba. Either one would've been good for us.

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
I personally was looking forward to the Isles selecting Larsson in hopes on finding a potential #1 defenseman but if I remember correctly, the Devils won the lottery and jumped in front of us to select Larsson at #4 pushing us back to #5 where we selected Ryan Strome.

It's still early, but so far Strome's proving to be the better player.

Was going to post this too, although I do think Larsson is going to be quite good.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
too lazy to look through the pages if this was posted but in 2010 the New York Rangers had the chance to pick either Fowler or Tarasenko, both the top guys still on the board...instead they made the smart call and selected Dylan McIlrath out of Camel Toe (I mean Moose Jaw of course!) of the WHL...is that what this thread would consider somehow winding up with the better guy?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Florida and Tampa Bay made a mistake passing on Seth Jones. Ekblad and Jones? Hedman and Jones? As a Leafs fan I'm glad that happened.

Way too early to say this. Barkov and Drouin could end up being better than Jones

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Way too early to say this. Barkov and Drouin could end up being better than Jones

Not that they're bad players, I just think completing their top pairings would have been more valuable than either Barkov and Drouin will be. To me, they both missed out on the Suter to their Webers.

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
Jesus christ these Bobby Ryan haters. I feel like I'm reading the meathead reasoning by US hockey management why "can't spell intensity" Bobby Ryan shouldn't be on the Olympic team all over again. Sure worked out for them when the scoring dried up and one of the most prolific American scorers was sitting back home. Let's say he IS soft. Who cares. He scores enough that it doesn't matter anyway. His pros far outweigh his cons.

oh and Jack Johnson sucks.

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
Good ol JJ has posted some of the worst possession statistics for a #1 Dman the past couple years. He is constantly targeted on zone entries.

But the same people who love him likely think advanced stats are The Work of Evil Spirits and not to be trusted so I guess it doesn't matter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad