Some World Cup humour for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCCHL inactive

I work in a sports retail store. We had Saturday's Canada vs. Slovakia game on the big screen.

During the 3rd period, some guy walks in and says, "Is that the Olympic hockey tournament?"

I look at him, trying not to laugh...all I could come up with was, "Are you Canadian?"

He says, "Of course. Too bad our athletes aren't doing too well at the Olympics. I hope the hockey team can change that."

I decided to get a little technical after this...again, trying not to bust my gut laughing...and said, "The International Olympic Committee separates Summer and Winter Olympics."

At that point, the guy just got confused and left.

I thought I had heard all the dumb questions working in sports retail, but this is the dumb question of the new millenium.

:lol :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

BCCHL inactive

Canadian_man said:
My mom asked the same thing about that being the Olympics. But unlike Van, I actually laughed at my mom and called her an idiot. :D

This dude was lucky I was at work. ;)

BCCHL inactive

Rabid Ranger said:
It would make a good "Jay-walking" segment, that's for sure..... :lol

I can see it now...

Jay: Which Olympic games does ICE hockey belong to, summer or winter?

Dumbass: Ice? ...Hockey?

:lol

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
No it would go like this:

Jay: Which Olympics does Ice Hockey belong to, summer or winter?

Moron: What's Ice?

Jay: That's what Monica Lewinsky said.

Audience: Laughs because they're tools and they still laugh at the same jokes from 1999.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Jay Leno sucks, he still uses The Menendez brothers, Heidi Fliece and Lorena Bobbett in his opening monologues, I should get that by-tch to chop your 2nd, 3rd and 4th chins, you no talent fool.

Go Kilborn!

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
My roomate and I played golf on Saturday. We got paired up with this older married couple (50s). Anyway, they were real nice. My roomate and I were pretty excited about going to see Canada play that night, so we were talking about it alot. At one point I tried to include the older dude in the conversation, so I asked if he had ever had the chance to see a team Canada game.

He said yes, he thought so, but he wasn't sure. Then he told us the story of this game a friend took him took out at this little rink outside Ottawa to see team Canada play, and that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity (so his friend said). And some weird story about the opposing players getting mad and spitting on the Canadians whenever there was a penalty call.

My roomate and I exchenged glances and said "hmmmm". what else could you say? I have no idea what he was talking about, but it was amazing how little he knew, and I'm sure that was not "team Canada" he saw. maybe the U-18 team or something.

BCCHL inactive

Lionel Hutz said:
My roomate and I played golf on Saturday. We got paired up with this older married couple (50s). Anyway, they were real nice. My roomate and I were pretty excited about going to see Canada play that night, so we were talking about it alot. At one point I tried to include the older dude in the conversation, so I asked if he had ever had the chance to see a team Canada game.

He said yes, he thought so, but he wasn't sure. Then he told us the story of this game a friend took him took out at this little rink outside Ottawa to see team Canada play, and that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity (so his friend said). And some weird story about the opposing players getting mad and spitting on the Canadians whenever there was a penalty call.

My roomate and I exchenged glances and said "hmmmm". what else could you say? I have no idea what he was talking about, but it was amazing how little he knew, and I'm sure that was not "team Canada" he saw. maybe the U-18 team or something.

Ottawa eh.....perhaps he was talking about Kanata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->