Some news...a new Panthers podcast with Steve Goldstein

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
So I'm not 100% "back" but I just wanted to share a little bit of news.

Steve Goldstein approached me a couple weeks ago asking if I wanted to help him out by producing a Panthers/NHL podcast for a newish podcast network called Five Reasons Sports, which was started by Ethan Skolnick and Chris Wittyngham.

They originally approached him to host the podcast and then Goldie wanted someone to produce it for him, so that's where I come in.

Today we released an "episode 0" of the Goldie On Ice Podcast, where we're basically intro-ing the podcast as a whole and then we threw in a couple clips from interviews with Geordie Kinnear and Riley Stillman. Those full interviews and more will be included in the next podcast which is set for after July 4th.

We plan to do 1 podcast a week, maybe sometimes 2 depending on what happens during the season and if we get any special guests that warrant another episode. Goldie is well-connected throughout the league/industry so no guest is really out of the question.

I'm guessing I'm probably allowed to post this link here, so here it is for Episode 0, it's about 7 minutes long. We're in the process of uploading to the various services, it's slowly appearing on Google Play and Apple Podcasts app / iTunes. It's also on Podbean and should make it's way to other podcasting apps soon if you don't use any of those.

Podbean:
iTunes/Apple Podcasts: https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=1405147985&i=1000414851105
Google Play Podcasts: Goldie On Ice Podcast - Goldie On Ice

Enjoy, and let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions!

Edit: Looks like the forums have a cool embedded player for Podbean, so you can listen without leaving here.

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@batting1k

I know you're finishing up school this year but just out of curiosity, why would you not try and get a job with the Panthers? Seems like you have some good connections if Goldie is coming up to you and asking you for help. Or hopefully you're getting paid at least for this podcast?

Thank you for your work and the content you help put out for us.

Last edited:

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
does this affect the other podcast with Jameson.. I hope both can exist.. As there can never be enough coverage... Doing what i do for a living.... design and dev having more podcasts the better is a good thing

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
That was an interesting piece. It’ll be good to hear players from the big club too. And uncle Denny.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
That was an interesting piece. It’ll be good to hear players from the big club too. And uncle Denny.

We want to try to make it casual so you're not hearing the same old cliche hockey answers that you get in every interview. Goldie is good at asking the right questions.

Bryan McCabe will be on the real first episode which will be out after July 4th + the full Kinnear and Stillman interviews + hopefully an NHL person.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
@batting1k

I know you're finishing up school this year but just out of curiosity, why would you not try and get a job with the Panthers? Seems like you have some good connections if Goldie is coming up to you and asking you for help. Or hopefully you're getting paid at least for this podcast?

Thank you for your work and the content you help put out for us.

There is some pay it in for me, there will be a few ads scattered around once the real episodes start, but I didn't really do it for that honestly. When Goldie asked me, he didn't even mention pay or ads or anything, I just said I wouldn't mind doing it.

A job with the Panthers could be in the cards one day but not sure. Wherever programming/web development can take me...still learning.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Batting1k thats listen like a, you work now for the Franchise and b, you are back with a new Project??
That would make me happy, after all the work you put in, in your first project.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
goldies not really aloud to say anything truly bad about the organization so he's limited in that way. I'm not sure how u could have a panthers podcast without shitting on them at least a little :) also I saw him interview tallon just now and I'm downgrading our panatin chances to zero. tallon basically said no without saying no.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
goldies not really aloud to say anything truly bad about the organization so he's limited in that way. I'm not sure how u could have a panthers podcast without ****ting on them at least a little :) also I saw him interview tallon just now and I'm downgrading our panatin chances to zero. tallon basically said no without saying no.

It’s not about saying bad stuff, telling it like it is or not, it’s just about bringing more insight and coverage of the team to the fans, and I think anyone would welcome that.

Reactions: Rahooji

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
2 Things after i hearing the Podcast, Value a a bit down max. -2
Not sure how much can i bring in Ideas about the Podcast i think i must listen the first Episode to hear how goldie wanna do the Stuff.

The second Question i have did we now get 2 Podacst or did Goldi now took over the former podcast. Cause for my sight, we have the Original Podcast and this Project listen like its more a Project from Goldie alone.

@batting1k When you work for the Company, you are more unable to say or write something you have in your Mind. As you said before, you dont bite the Hand who feed´s you.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
2 Things after i hearing the Podcast, Value a a bit down max. -2
Not sure how much can i bring in Ideas about the Podcast i think i must listen the first Episode to hear how goldie wanna do the Stuff.

The second Question i have did we now get 2 Podacst or did Goldi now took over the former podcast. Cause for my sight, we have the Original Podcast and this Project listen like its more a Project from Goldie alone.

@batting1k When you work for the Company, you are more unable to say or write something you have in your Mind. As you said before, you dont bite the Hand who feed´s you.

The Territory Talk Podcast is the Panthers' official podcast and is completely separate from this one. This is one that Goldie and I are doing on our own with the help of a podcast network called Five Reasons Sports Network. I don't know much about the Territory Talk Podcast, but as far as I do know, it will continue. It has nothing to do with this new podcast.

Yes, I know you aren't as free to speak your mind in a position like Goldie is in. But like I said, that's not the point of this podcast. He's not going to be rambling on for 40 minutes by himself talking about the team. 95 percent of every podcast will be interviews, prospect updates, etc. He'll spend *maybe* 5 percent talking about stuff on his own. So it doesn't really matter.

Reactions: GermanPanther

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
The Territory Talk Podcast is the Panthers' official podcast and is completely separate from this one. This is one that Goldie and I are doing on our own with the help of a podcast network called Five Reasons Sports Network. I don't know much about the Territory Talk Podcast, but as far as I do know, it will continue. It has nothing to do with this new podcast.

Yes, I know you aren't as free to speak your mind in a position like Goldie is in. But like I said, that's not the point of this podcast. He's not going to be rambling on for 40 minutes by himself talking about the team. 95 percent of every podcast will be interviews, prospect updates, etc. He'll spend *maybe* 5 percent talking about stuff on his own. So it doesn't really matter.

Okay i like it, cuase it showes and gives us a more coverage, from the Fan Side. So you could say daily and Game related you get from the project from Goldie like stay up to date.
And then you have the nice Chats and Talks with more depth and private talk on the Territory Talk.
Then again good luck with the new Project and i hope for you, the end of the Road brings you in the right Direction after been done with your study.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
I've seen it asked a few times in this thread, so just to clear things up, this is not related at all to Territory Talk. TT will continue as usual every Wednesday with myself and Doug Plagens. It's great to have more than one podcast for the team, especially one that is coming from an outside network like Goldie's/Brett's. Thanks to everyone who's been supporting TT thus far!

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I've seen it asked a few times in this thread, so just to clear things up, this is not related at all to Territory Talk. TT will continue as usual every Wednesday with myself and Doug Plagens. It's great to have more than one podcast for the team, especially one that is coming from an outside network like Goldie's/Brett's. Thanks to everyone who's been supporting TT thus far!

But you heard how you setup the Noise during a Podcast? ;) :D This small joke should be allowed. ;)

Sports24-7

Feb 19, 2007
Great stuff. Five Reasons is a pretty great network with some really good content. I look forward to listening.

Reactions: Rahooji

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
That 4 points out of a playoff spot by November and not qualifying for the playoffs is really interesting. Need to have a good start.

-ghoste

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->