Some Bruins Info From Elliotte Friedman

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Was the kid at the all-star game? Oh he was? Then he's an All-Star.

37 goals, 40 assists, 77 points in 71 games?

Since you seem to be such a fan of trivia:
1. Which of the current Bruins have ever put up better then a PPG?
2. Which have scored 37 or more goals in a single season?
3. Who was the last Bruin to put up better then a PPG in any one season?

But keep trotting out that company line, semantics ftw! It was a stupid trade, and a horrible return that directly impacts the Bruins immediate past, present and future.

Yuh,everyone the fans vote in or coaches choose are all stars. Some are even pretty good at both ends of the ice,some don't shy away from hits either and some even excel in the playoffs.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
No. It's more than that. I see him as being soft, slow moving, boring, and not a physical player. I don't ever feel like he cares about the game because I never see that kind of emotion from him. Do you think Loui cares about the Stanley Cup? Do you think he wants to win? Do you think he has the will to win? What has happened, ever, with Loui that would make you believe any of these things?

I see him as being a shadow of his former self in Dallas. I see him as being easily replaceable and better off being traded for picks.

An absolutely inaccurate assessment.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
How are people still arguing about Seguin/Eriksson at this point? There's nothing valid to even discuss 2 years later, is there?

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
How the heck did this thread turn into Seguin/Eriksson trade debate?

Agree with LSCII -- there's nothing much left to debate. And anyways, it's beside the point here.

The discussion was about defending Soda's contributions to the team (and the value he brought). Eriksson entered into the discussion as a point of comparison, given how people, as Glory pointed out, have deified him based on his performance last year, while crapping all over Soda. The evidence suggests Soda has been just as good, possibly even better, value for money. But he also has weaknesses too (the Fluto piece discussed some of them).

For the record, yes, I'm a massive critic of the Seguin trade, but as I said, that's entirely besides the point now. I do hope the Bruins find some way to improve offense on this team. That may mean moving Eriksson, or it may mean keeping him. If we can add offense while retaining Eriksson, all the better. But he may be one of our few assets with trade value. But if we move him, we better find a way to replace his production, as he was our second best scorer last year, Soda aside.

And that has nothing to do with the Seguin trade and everything to do with this team's offense next season.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad