Softie of the Month (October)!

Which goal against was the worst in October?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Miller on Hart. Not only was it a bad save but Hart just sits there dejected for eternity and allows Miller to skate around the world and tap it in!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really think I wanna vote for Larkin on Vasilevskiy.

That looked almost identical to Carrier (or one of the Vegas 4th liners, I don't feel like looking the goal up again) on Schneider back in December of 2018. Only the one on Cory went straight in through his legs out of his glove. And I remember saying that was a top-3 or 4 softy of that whole year. The only difference is that this one on Vasilevskiy comes off his glove and goes between his legs and lays in the crease before Larkin puts it in.

It was a dead heat tie in for week 1 between Miller on Hart and Larkin on Vasilevskiy. I voted Larkin on Vasilesvkiy then and I'm gonna again.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Have you considered including game circumstances, like GWG, GTG, turning point of the game goal as a part of the criteria for softy? If you already do that, please ignore my ignorance.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Have you considered including game circumstances, like GWG, GTG, turning point of the game goal as a part of the criteria for softy? If you already do that, please ignore my ignorance.
Once in a while I will, if I'm a little conflicted on a softy of the night on a particular night. Sometimes when I'm up in the air on what I feel the softy of the night should be, I'll sometimes think ''Well that was an OT winner and that's just a brutal goal to give up in OT'' as sort of a process of elimination. But not every night.

Reactions: Tao Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad