Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I'm starting to suspect Soda is blind in both eyes

200.webp

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Soda has been a key of our success this year. Seems like he really has taken over that vet leadership roll with all the old farts gone from last season.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He has been much better than last season and is helping the team in other ways than just scoring. The contract is still really bad though and will probably only get worse. If Sakic can find a way out without taking on an equally bad contract, he should take it.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Compared to last season, this is a YYYUUUGE success.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Record-wise they're not much better off than they were last season, and their goaltending thus far has been only marginally better.

I get it, they sure LOOK like a much better team than last year's, but I still want to see them get a run put together. They have it within them to do so, but they gotta get some people to settle in their roles. That's unfortunately the consequence of having such a young team and a pretty big and successive run of injuries befalling the roster. No one can settle in yet. And while I'm still nowhere near the FIRE THE COACH bandwagon, they haven't done a stellar job with lineup choices of late.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Record-wise they're not much better off than they were last season, and their goaltending thus far has been only marginally better.

While I agree onthe goaltending part, the record is streets better than last year.

Avs have 32 points so far. It took them until Feb 7th to hit that last year. Game 50, versus 31 this year.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
While I agree onthe goaltending part, the record is streets better than last year.

Avs have 32 points so far. It took them until Feb 7th to hit that last year. Game 50, versus 31 this year.

Yes, I know, this team has already come within one win in December of matching their win total in the entirety of December AND January last season, but they also stumbled badly into December this year and have started the season hovering around .500. Last year's team did that too. So when I see posts saying YUUUUUGE success I certainly don't expect them to collapse like last year's squad, but I'm still saying "let's wait a bit." They certainly LOOK like a better team than last year but they have yet to win more than three games in a row (and that was to start the year) and I believe they only have one victory after trailing in the third. This team can still do worlds better than what they're showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad