Confirmed with Link: Soderberg to Avs - 5yrs @ 4.75AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
There's just something about enthusiastic players that just make me root for them. Might be the fact it's easy for a fan to associate with a player if they both have an outwards passion for the team.

Yeah same here, Duchene encompasses that feeling to a tee. Also not to get totally OT but I have feelin
this is a big reason they didnt draft Jones.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah same here, Duchene encompasses that feeling to a tee. Also not to get totally OT but I have feelin
this is a big reason they didnt draft Jones.

Because he didn't want to be an Av? What do you mean.

I love it when guys love playing for the team and representing my state. It does mean something to me. I'm happy the new guys are happy, hopefully they'll form a connection to the franchise and state.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Because he didn't want to be an Av? What do you mean.

I love it when guys love playing for the team and representing my state. It does mean something to me. I'm happy the new guys are happy, hopefully they'll form a connection to the franchise and state.

Possibly, I thought I read somewhere he didnt give the best interview, plus didnt he say he
was a wings fan? Im totally speculating here.

I think if I had to rank the reasons they passed on Jones
1) Roy
2) Barrie
3) Interview/General perception

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Nah, I don't think it was Jones or anything he did. I just think they decided they wanted a forward a and Roy wanted MacKinnon.

512.gif

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I see George found a way to streamline his autograph now that he's only allowed to sign AttaBoys. And I guess aw****s too.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
His stats are not pretty this season, a terrible view for my eyes. Is he really that bad? What happend?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think it would be disingenuous to say that it was Bednar's fault alone, or even mostly Bednar's fault

Soderberg has played like **** and if he mailed it in after a month, it's on him not the coach

I'd be more inclined to agree with you if it was only Soda, but it isn't.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

This is 100% accurate. Across the board, every single established player has had a 'down' season...it's really remarkable.

After Colbourne scored a hat trick on opening night, he was almost immediately relegated and buried as a depth player. It was weeks until he got another chance on a top line and it didn't last long...it wasn't much of a chance at all. Not saying he would have been a top-6 guy all year long but Bednar clearly burned bridges with a lot of players on this team.

Just a season full of :huh:

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Bednar deserves a massive portion of the blame, but it still doesn't excuse Soderberg either. He flat out gave up a month into the season because he didn't like how a rookie coach treated him. That's disappointing to see from a veteran, to say the least.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Bednar deserves a massive portion of the blame, but it still doesn't excuse Soderberg either. He flat out gave up a month into the season because he didn't like how a rookie coach treated him. That's disappointing to see from a veteran, to say the least.

Yes, but we don't know what was said and how it affected the guys in the room.

As was mentioned, he's clearly not the only one who's been affected. One guy amongst a lot who are all still trying their hardest is one thing. Instead, it's the guys trying their hardest that are sticking out like a sore thumb.

This is ALL on Bednar. It's his JOB to make sure that for whatever reason player X isn't performing, that he frikkin' gets him to perform. Some things cannot be unsaid and I suspect that's what's at play here with a lot of these players.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If we weren't talking about Soda, Mitchell and Colborne the argument would be stronger too.

How about with Iggy, McLeod, Comeau, and Duchene added to the list?

Part of being an NHL head coach is dealing with NHL personalities. I'd argue it is probably the most difficult part of the job... Bednar has failed massively. If it was just a player or two, it would be one thing. It is nearly the entire team. Even EJ isn't defending.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
You cant name one player who has thrived under Bednar. Not one. Some might mention Rantanen but I think Rantanen would have been this good regardless of the coach unless said coach decided to play him 4th line centre or something stupid. Maybbe Grigorenko is the only one but one can argue he might have been this "good" under a different coach aswell. Soderberg is just one on the long ass list of players having worse statistical season in their career.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It's not an accident that he goes from his best season ever, coming into his own as a playmaker and then has his worst NHL season ever. Quitting on the team is unprofessional, but Bednar should not have been giving a 50 point player the slightest reason to do so.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
You cant name one player who has thrived under Bednar. Not one. Some might mention Rantanen but I think Rantanen would have been this good regardless of the coach unless said coach decided to play him 4th line centre or something stupid. Maybbe Grigorenko is the only one but one can argue he might have been this "good" under a different coach aswell. Soderberg is just one on the long ass list of players having worse statistical season in their career.

BS I can't; JT Compher, Mark Barberio, Nikita Zadorov, Sven Andrighetto

I'd also say Goldbuff, and FB, but that's not due to their play lol.

Btw... This is not a banner of support for Bednar, just me trolling TKs. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad