Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Pfffff it was pretty suspect timing. Only one person who went and picked up some of those guys had the honour to give me credit! :p

Pffff indeed. Like I said, look at the team I put together and the guys I drafted and it's not my fault you spilled the beans. If anything it was guys like Gravenberch or Unuvar who I figured I had to snipe. That's on top of my take on Netz which is the jury is still well out. If anything, though I'd have to see the draft again and see when the guy got picked, I'd probably have gone with someone else over him.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This is a guy y’all might want to file away for the next 2-3 years

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Cross post from the La Liga thread. Curious to see how this goes. I knew we were linked with him in the last year, but I was somewhat surprised when we signed him as I expected him to go elsewhere.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
16 year old Reed Baker-Whiting has been getting some minutes for Seattle Sounders in MLS. He played 90 minutes earlier this week. Most players his age can not compete physically in MLS, but this guy plays with the physicality of a 10 year veteran. He's the type of player that'll have 100 games before he turns 20 years old. Coaches will love this guy because he's a consistent and hard working midfielder. He reminds me of Jordan Henderson. I'm pretty sure he'll be transferred to Europe within a few years.

Reactions: Gecklund

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Moran is quickly proving to be one of our best academy players. I have no doubt he will get a chance with the first team this season;

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Moran is quickly proving to be one of our best academy players. I have no doubt he will get a chance with the first team this season;

upload_2021-7-27_9-1-12.jpeg

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
16 year old Reed Baker-Whiting has been getting some minutes for Seattle Sounders in MLS. He played 90 minutes earlier this week. Most players his age can not compete physically in MLS, but this guy plays with the physicality of a 10 year veteran. He's the type of player that'll have 100 games before he turns 20 years old. Coaches will love this guy because he's a consistent and hard working midfielder. He reminds me of Jordan Henderson. I'm pretty sure he'll be transferred to Europe within a few years.
Seattle has played lots of young players this season already. There’s Abdoulaye Cissoko (21 CB but probably won’t transfer to Europe), Daniel Leyva (18 CM and someone who I think will transfer sooner rather than later to Europe), Josh Atencio and Ethan Dobbelare (could see both heading to Europe but not any of the top 5 leagues). They also loaned Alphonso Ocampo-Chavez and Sota Kitahara to an Austrian team.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Happy to have such a talent, and only 16 too. Very upset to have such a dumb manager.

Very curious to see what sort of minutes he gets this season.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
An overview of the talents in Dortmund's academy. Not including players that have played before for the first team (Reyna, Moukoko, Knauff). I also won't mention the two PSG signings (Coulibaly and Kamara), although they might play a few games within the academy before debuting for the first team

2001's: Luca Unbehaun (GK)

Unbehaun is our most advanced young GK. He's comparable to a ter-Stegen. Great with his feet, very good shot stopper, and leader in the net, but not one of the taller GK's. He was supposed to be the #3 for the first team this season, but there have been some slight rumors that he's not rated as a potential first team goalkeeper anymore. He may have to leave the club eventually, but he's extremely highly rated among young German GK's.

2002's: Kamal Bafounta (CM)

This guy came into our academy with a lot of hype, but he's dealt with some pretty terrible injury problems. He's barely played any football the last few seasons. He missed about two full seasons, and only was getting back up to full fitness midway through last season when there weren't any official U19 games to play, so he ended up going about two and a half seasons without games. He hasn't been given a first team contract and will start with the second team, which shows that the hype has slowed, but he was compared to Pogba and very highly rated when he joined our academy. Talent was not the issue. He's now fit, so maybe he can make an impact.

2003's: Lion Semic (RB), Goektan Guerpuez (CM), Dennis Luetke-Frie (CM), Bradley Fink (CF)

Semic is a very talented attacking RB, but he's also dealt with some injury problems. There are still high hopes that he'll make it through to the first team, but he probably needs another season in the academy before that to get bigger and stronger, and improve his defense. Guerpez is compared to Dahoud or Gundogan as a smooth central midfielder who connects the game, adds in on the offense, and can also play some defense. Luetke-Frie is the forgotten man in the academy. He's the captain of the U19's, ultra versatile on where he can play, he's a jack of all trades master of none type of player. He may not have the top-end potential to play for the first team, but he should still be a Bundesliga player. Fink is a physical CF with a long history of scoring goals, but he needs service and he's not much more than a box striker.

2004's: Nnamdi Collins (CB), Jamie Bynoe-Gittens (W), Faroukou Cisse (CB), Marian Kirsch (GK), Tom Rothe (LB), Noah Mrosek (RB), Vasco Walz (CM), Samuel Bamba (W)

Collins is probably the biggest name in our academy now that Moukoko is with the first team. Collins should be with the first team soon. He's a big CB with excellent speed and defensive ability. He's a leader at the back, and can break lines with his passing. Bynoe-Gittens is supposed to be the eventual Sancho replacement. He's dealt with a few too many injuries the last year, but when he plays he shows his incredible chance creation ability as a 1v1 isolation winger. Cisse is a little unheralded as a CB in the same age group as Collins. I don't know as much about him, but he's supposed to be pretty athletic. It's similar for Bamba in relation to Bynoe-Gittens. Bamba is more unheralded because there's an elite talent at his position in the same age group. There are some Dortmund fans that think Bamba may be even better than Bynoe-Gittens as an athletic winger who goes towards goal.

I don't know that much yet about Kirsch and Rothe, but they were two new big signings from within Germany. Mrosek is another player I don't have much info on yet, but he's supposed to be pretty good. Walz is a smaller CM who plays bigger than his size. He recently got a first team contract.

2005's: Julian Rijkhoff (CF), Julian Pauli (CB)
2006's: Raul Koenig (CF), Yannick Numbisie (RB)

I know a lot less about these younger age groups. Rijkhoff was the big signing from abroad. Signed from Ajax. He's supposed to be a great goalscorer with technique, size, and soccer IQ. He's the farthest along of the younger academy players. He's the only 2005 playing with the U19's this season. Julian Pauli is a player I don't know much about, but he was a big signing last season. Konig was the only 2006 that was playing with the U17's last season, and recently Numbisie has been talked about as a player to watch for.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Ajax’ highly touted striker prospect Noah Gesser, 16, who was on the radar of Europe’s elite passed away last night in a car crash alongside his brother.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Also scored a goal in the friendly against Stuttgart.

Yeah, Gladbach had been tracking him for a long time & I was hoping he'd need a step before going to one of the giants...but then a) he grew too much too fast over the past year, and b) covid happened, causing the traditional giants to shop from the lower shelves themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad