Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Good intro for Diallo, but as a reminder to people who don’t know, NOBODY plays defense in PL Academy Level

gscorer

Jan 9, 2006

Finnish prospect Naatan Skyttä to Toulouse FC, in the footsteps of Monsieur Magic

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Dortmund is signing CF Julian Rijkhoff from Ajax. He turned 16 a few days ago, and is thus allowed to move to Germany. He’s immediately been put into the U-19’s. Apparently he was very highly rated at Ajax, and they wanted to keep hold of him. Any info on this player @YNWA14 @Ajacied?

Rijkhof is a trickery, goal orientated striker who uses his frame very well. High potential for sure. He’s scored in absolute bunches this year.

Ajax just can’t seem to keep their striker prodigies. Malen, Hoogewerf, Redan, Rijkhof and now Brobbey also declared he’ll leave Ajax this summer.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Rijkhof is a trickery, goal orientated striker who uses his frame very well. High potential for sure. He’s scored in absolute bunches this year.

Ajax just can’t seem to keep their striker prodigies. Malen, Hoogewerf, Redan, Rijkhof and now Brobbey also declared he’ll leave Ajax this summer.

Where is Brobbey going/

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

So LFC has the best English 17 year old and best English 16 year old now

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

So LFC has the best English 17 year old and best English 16 year old now

I'm going to take exception to that.

I think Bellingham is better the Elliott, but Elliott is good. I'm not doubting that. Musiala is also somewhere in this discussion.

I know less about the England 2004's, but I saw Gordon's England age group play about a year ago and Bynoe-Gittens was by far England's best player. Gordon was a complimentary player on that team. Maybe thats changed since.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

I think Bellingham is better the Elliott, but Elliott is good. I'm not doubting that. Musiala is also somewhere in this discussion.

I know less about the England 2004's, but I saw Gordon's England age group play about a year ago and Bynoe-Gittens was by far England's best player. Gordon was a complimentary player on that team. Maybe thats changed since.
I will give you Bellingham but haven’t seen Musiala do what Elliott is doing every week.

To my knowledge, I am hearing Gorton has passed Bynoe-Gittens largely due to consistency. Gorton was also started to make the Derby bench before leaving and was getting some (although not many) minutes. Will be interesting to see how everyone progresses though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Why do you think that Bellingham is better than Elliott?

Nitpicking, but it's complementary (I've just seen this a few times now).

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I will give you Bellingham but haven’t seen Musiala do what Elliott is doing every week.

To my knowledge, I am hearing Gorton has passed Bynoe-Gittens largely due to consistency. Gorton was also started to make the Derby bench before leaving and was getting some (although not many) minutes. Will be interesting to see how everyone progresses though.

Musiala doesn’t get to play every week. That doesn’t mean he’s worse though than guys playing every week. Supposedly he’s about to be capped by the German National Team.

It’s harder to know with younger players. None of these guys are playing first team football yet. Those in England might have a slight leg up with development of late because the younger age groups are playing. In Germany, the U-19’s haven’t been playing for months.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why do you think that Bellingham is better than Elliott?

He’s a starter for a team in a roughly similar place in their league to the team that loaned Elliott out to the second division.

Bellingham is playing at a higher level and he’s already in the England squad. Bellingham is also playing very well. If he wasn’t he wouldn’t be playing and earning a call to the England squad. Elliott might end up as good (or better), but he’s a lot less proven.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
He’s a starter for a team in a roughly similar place in their league to the team that loaned Elliott out to the second division.

Bellingham is playing at a higher level and he’s already in the England squad. Bellingham is also playing very well. If he wasn’t he wouldn’t be playing and earning a call to the England squad. Elliott might end up as good (or better), but he’s a lot less proven.

Right now is hard to argue against Bellingham, they also play different positions.
Elliott looks insane though, has to feature on next year's Liverpool team.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Fred and Mejbri don’t really play the same position from what I’ve seen. Fred is a D-mid.

correct. We do not need to play 2 DMs in Fred and McT every game. Pogba coming out meant going right to Fred and having 2 of the same player, restricting the attack and possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->