Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
So, I take it he's leaps and bounds better than any other SA prospect? That goal ratio is just dumb.

Too early to tell, imo. He wasn't the most hyped player out of the 01 class in youth so don't know if it's legit or just a really hot start.

Fun plot: Fluminense could cancel his transfer to Watford for 20m euros. There already been rumors about bigger european clubs scouting him and exploring a 30m deal for him, so Fluminense would use 20m to trigger that clause and keep 10m.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Too early to tell, imo. He wasn't the most hyped player out of the 01 class in youth so don't know if it's legit or just a really hot start.

Fun plot: Fluminense could cancel his transfer to Watford for 20m euros. There already been rumors about bigger european clubs scouting him and exploring a 30m deal for him, so Fluminense would use 20m to trigger that clause and keep 10m.

How is Rodrygo playing? It looks like he's struggled since his initial breakthrough.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

How does he compare to the Argentina boys De Le Vega and Almada?

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
How does he compare to the Argentina boys De Le Vega and Almada?

I don't know these two kids, tbh.

How is Rodrygo playing? It looks like he's struggled since his initial breakthrough.

His start of the season was truly awful even though he was the lone silver lining in Brazil u20 team. He's improving, but most been hit and miss. Had a fantastic game against Vasco then followed with two mediocre ones. Sampaoli's positional attack kind limits him, he wasn't used to such a rigid system.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I'm sure some of the Dutch posters know about this guy. Can we please get a report on how good he is?

Yes sir. Ajax showed interest in him a few years ago, but he opted for Manchester United at the time. No idea why he moved to City, but I guess they wanted him badly. Have since only watched him play for the Oranje youth squads, but tried to read up on him during his City days. Scores easily (over a goal a game) and was moved to City's U18 when he was still 15 years old. Even scored a hattrick within 20 minutes a while ago. Likes to dribble, wonderful technique, smart, efficient in the box. Whenever I watch him I expect him to be faster then he really is. That's why he didn't work out as a winger in Oranje. He's a real striker now. I think he can be a little more light footed as well.

Ajax getting Ohio would be nice. They lose about two players his caliber each year, so it stops the bleeding a bit.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Anyone know anything about James Furlong? 17 Y/O that plays for Shamrocks. Apparently Brighton are very interested.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It feels like it will take forever to see Moukoko on the biggest stage to see if he can translate that prodigious talent.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Pretty big talent. Among the top of his age group in fact. Ajax has been trying to sign him since February. Not sure why they haven't been able to do so. Maybe it's because Hoogewerf wants to explore his options. He has been coveted for a while now. Some pundits with Ajax ties consider him, Redan (now Chelsea) and Unuvar as the 3 biggest attacking talents of the Ajax academy. Personally I have troubles gauging his upside. He joined the academy as a striker, but moved to the wing due to his lack of size. This season he's played at the #8 and #10. Midfield seems like his position for now. Short, technically gifted player. High football IQ, smart shot (not powerful, but very accurate) and passionate. More of a goalscorer than a playmaker, but that might be the striker instincts still inside him.

He made my soccer prospect list a year ago as a 14/15 year old. Rated him an 80C, which I still think applies. I think he's a poor man's Daishawn Redan in a lot of aspects.
Dillon Hoogewerf is set to join United. Any report on him @Ajacied

Now official. Also quoted Ajacied scouting report so he doesn’t have to redo it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nantes has a golden generation coming up.
They destroyed the U17 league (26 games, 24 wins, 2 ties, 0 loss, 103 goals scored, 13 goals against :amazed: ) and then the playoffs, eliminating Lyon (with Cherki scoring the wonder goal remember) 3-1 and then winning the final 6-3 against a huge Lille team (that ousted Monaco along the way).
This team has won basically every tournament they've played growing up. They won the Mini Mondial in U11 (half the team was already there in U11), won several tournament in U12, U13, U14 and finished 3rd on what is commonly considered the CL of the U16 tournament in Montaigu last year.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
A few other things :
- Tramoni, 15 year old and about to sign with PSG for 3M€, scored 9 goals and 11 assists in 20 U17 games. As a midfielder.
- Amine Gouiri in the last 4 youth selections international competitions : 20 goals in 16 games (9 in 5 Euro U17, 5 in 4 U18 WC, 4 in 4 Euro U19, 2 in 3 so far in WC U20)

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
This kid is fantastic, watched him debut for Novorizontino at 16 against Santos. Shame he went to Real so young, let's hope he can make it there but I bet he'll be loaned out then become a good player for a lesser side.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Do any Arsenal fans know anything about Bukayo Saka? Is he any good?

He's really f***ing good. Played for the u-18s at the start of the season, killed it, played for u-23s rest of the way and was probably the best player in the league. Made a couple of senior appearances but didn't really get a chance to shine.

He's probably our most promising prospect in a group of very talented youngsters.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
He's really ****ing good. Played for the u-18s at the start of the season, killed it, played for u-23s rest of the way and was probably the best player in the league. Made a couple of senior appearances but didn't really get a chance to shine.

He's probably our most promising prospect in a group of very talented youngsters.

You're completely wrong. Arsenal don't develop talent. If Saka leaves for Dortmund they would be the ones that developed him because Arsenal's youth sucks.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Any followers of South American football have any info on Carlos Cuesta, a 20 year old CB from Atletico Nacional? Ajax reportedly paid 6M for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->