Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
England's best striker is a product of Arsenal's academy, so it's silly people still think this
Who thinks this though?

Specific prospects I believe were just not set on the same level as some other prospects, at a specific point in time. Development is not linear and has nothing to do with saying Arsenal has a bad academy.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Who thinks this though?

Specific prospects I believe were just not set on the same level as some other prospects, at a specific point in time. Development is not linear and has nothing to do with saying Arsenal has a bad academy.
I've seen it offhand in here once or twice. I don't really remember by whom

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Antony has already 19 dribbles in just two Brasileirao matches. Also has two assist. He's soooo fun to watch. Incredible talent. He's improving game by game, wouldn't surprise me one bit if Tite call him up to the NT, though he does need to improve his finishing skills.

His lastest match

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Antony has already 19 dribbles in just two Brasileirao matches. Also has two assist. He's soooo fun to watch. Incredible talent. He's improving game by game, wouldn't surprise me one bit if Tite call him up to the NT, though he does need to improve his finishing skills.

His lastest match

I hope he doesn't make the NT. That would make it near impossible for Ajax to get him as I already think he's out of their league. Ajax remains aggressive, though. Fingers crossed.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I hope he doesn't make the NT. That would make it near impossible for Ajax to get him as I already think he's out of their league. Ajax remains aggressive, though. Fingers crossed.

Don't worry, I don't think he'll make the NT right now, but I feel he's entered Tite's radar as he's been our best player since his debut and is improving at a rapid pace. However, Ajax would've to pony up like never before to get him, his release clause is 50m euros and I don't see the Raí selling him for less than 40m, it would be career suicide. He'll also make money selling Arboleda so there isn't much need to sell our best player that happens to be a 19y improving by the day. More likely to sign a new deal with an even larger release clause.

Won't mind him joining Ajax next season (after December not right now) if you guys pay 40m and we keep some of % in a future sell.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Don't worry, I don't think he'll make the NT right now, but I feel he's entered Tite's radar as he's been our best player since his debut and is improving at a rapid pace. However, Ajax would've to pony up like never before to get him, his release clause is 50m euros and I don't see the Raí selling him for less than 40m, it would be career suicide. He'll also make money selling Arboleda so there isn't much need to sell our best player that happens to be a 19y improving by the day. More likely to sign a new deal with an even larger release clause.

Won't mind him joining Ajax next season (after December not right now) if you guys pay 40m and we keep some of % in a future sell.

That rules Ajax out then. They won't pony up 40M, as much as I'd like them to do so for Antony.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Imagine this team :

Coman-Dembele-Ikone (Bayern, Lyon, Lille)
ClaudioGomes-Soumare-Adli (City, Lille, Bordeaux)
BalloToure-EboaEboa-Zagadou-Dembele (Monaco, Guingamp, Dortmund, Salzburg)
Maignan (Lille)

With Edouard (Celtic) on the bench.

That could be the PSG bench depth. All from PSG academy. All are 22 or under except Maignan (23). All gone for peanuts.
When I sai this team makes stupid transfer decisions, I'm not kidding.

Reactions: Cassano

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Rayan Cherki, 15 year old, was asked to stop playing with the pro group in order to help the U17 Lyon team to reach the semi final of the U17 french Cup.
So he went there, against players two years older, and he did this :

He was given a free tour of Old Trafford and the United training facility last week, just in case he was toying with the idea of leaving Lyon before signing pro (which will never happen).

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
João Pedro just scored twice for Fluminense in their win against Cruzeiro. He's just 17y old and has already been sold to Watford for 10m euros. Next Richarlison?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I have some Mbappe vibe in Rayan Cherki. I think in 5 years he will be considered a generational talent. He reminds me in his style of Messi.

I truly hope he stays at Lyon before moving abroad especially if it's for manchester united.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Karamoko Dembele made his debut for Celtic today at 16 years old. Played the entire 2nd half and apparently played quite well.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Imagine this team :

Coman-Dembele-Ikone (Bayern, Lyon, Lille)
ClaudioGomes-Soumare-Adli (City, Lille, Bordeaux)
BalloToure-EboaEboa-Zagadou-Dembele (Monaco, Guingamp, Dortmund, Salzburg)
Maignan (Lille)

With Edouard (Celtic) on the bench.

That could be the PSG bench depth. All from PSG academy. All are 22 or under except Maignan (23). All gone for peanuts.
When I sai this team makes stupid transfer decisions, I'm not kidding.
Where do you think that team finishes in L1

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
9) Brian Brobbey ST - 87D - Ajax/HOL
www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0zmAc8Dyz8
Style comparison: Didier Drogba
Maxed potential: Top 10 at his position

Pro’s:

- Ridiculously strong (club even forbids him to work with weights now); imposing forward.
- Likes to play with his back towards the goal, hold the ball and wait for his teammates to position themselves, or turn and shoot himself.
- Underrated speed for a man his size, especially when at full speed.
- Powerful shot and a strong, fearless header.
- Deadly in the box. Knows where to be at the right time.
- Even played winger before, and while his main assets were wasted there, he better understands when and where to anticipate on crosses.

Cons:
- Not much of a playmaker.
- No finesse.
- A deep lying striker; not that useful without the ball.
- Needs to surround himself with playmakers and crossing wingers to be most effective.
- His physical head start will level out once he reaches Ajax I. Will be interesting to see how he holds up.

Exhibit A:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Pretty big talent. Among the top of his age group in fact. Ajax has been trying to sign him since February. Not sure why they haven't been able to do so. Maybe it's because Hoogewerf wants to explore his options. He has been coveted for a while now. Some pundits with Ajax ties consider him, Redan (now Chelsea) and Unuvar as the 3 biggest attacking talents of the Ajax academy. Personally I have troubles gauging his upside. He joined the academy as a striker, but moved to the wing due to his lack of size. This season he's played at the #8 and #10. Midfield seems like his position for now. Short, technically gifted player. High football IQ, smart shot (not powerful, but very accurate) and passionate. More of a goalscorer than a playmaker, but that might be the striker instincts still inside him.

He made my soccer prospect list a year ago as a 14/15 year old. Rated him an 80C, which I still think applies. I think he's a poor man's Daishawn Redan in a lot of aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad