Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Who do you think is better Reinier or Palacios? @John Pedro I would throw Gravenberch in there but I doubt you've seen as much of him.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Which of these guys do you prefer @Evilo?

Lucien Agoume
Benoît Badiashile
Han-Noah Massengo
Georginio Rutter
Arthur Zagre
Timothée Pembele
William Saliba
Jonathan Bakali
Florent Da Silva

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Rumors that he's heading to Internazionale. He kinda reminded me of Kevin de Bruyne but I feel he's more talented... his dribbling is simply amazing, looks effortless and the way he controls the tempo of the match is kind like Riquelme used to do. Great range on his shot too. People are excited about him and I can see why he could be Argentina's next superstar after Messi retires/declines. A mix between Riquelme, Iniesta and de Bruyne.

His second goal against Brazil shows a bit of his great shooting

Well excuse me I have to change my underwear.

Reactions: John Pedro

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He's goal per game player on best U18 English team ATM. Of course this doesn't guarantee anything (see Akpom and Nketiah)
Balogun scored 4 goals yesterday. Arsenal u18 need one more win to secure title.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Who do you think is better Reinier or Palacios? @John Pedro I would throw Gravenberch in there but I doubt you've seen as much of him.
@John Pedro
OK, here's why I picked Palacios over Reinier.
Reinier is a fantastic talent, tall, will be a powerful player. He really reminds me of Raï if you remember him. Tall 10/shadow striker that captained Brazil to the 94 WC.
But that's exactly why I didn't pick Reinier above Palacios. His physique isn't meant to be played anywhere else than AMC/SS. He doesn't have the speed and skills to play CM or wing IMO.
Palacios is quicker and can play either wing, CM or 10 down the road. I really could see him play CM. He can adapt to many systems while the system needs to be adapted for Reinier.

@John Pedro Thoughts?

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
@John Pedro
OK, here's why I picked Palacios over Reinier.
Reinier is a fantastic talent, tall, will be a powerful player. He really reminds me of Raï if you remember him. Tall 10/shadow striker that captained Brazil to the 94 WC.
But that's exactly why I didn't pick Reinier above Palacios. His physique isn't meant to be played anywhere else than AMC/SS. He doesn't have the speed and skills to play CM or wing IMO.
Palacios is quicker and can play either wing, CM or 10 down the road. I really could see him play CM. He can adapt to many systems while the system needs to be adapted for Reinier.

@John Pedro Thoughts?

I can see a bit of Raí on Reinier, but I didn't catch Raí on his prime only when he returned from PSG to Sao Paulo in 1998 and I was rather young to remember much of him. I see a lot of Paqueta on Reinier(Reinier is more talented and less of a showman), though. He could play as a CM but it would be a waste, imo. A guy like that should play as close to opp goal as possible, he could even end up as a striker where I feel he would really thrive giving his shooting, technique and aerial presence.

Palacios, on the other hand, is way more unpredictable, you never know what he gonna do next. He can go on a rush and dribble past three to four defenders or simply lay a long pass/through ball to an open teammate. His upside is higher, imo. I'd say he's more talented than Reinier but also a way riskier bet.

I have no doubt Reinier is going to be a good player. Palacios could be great or the next Iturbe. It's like picking a really small defenseman that has out of this world skills in the NHL. Could be a huge home run or a complete failure.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Gotcha.
Yeah Reinier is only playable in two positions : ST or AMC.
Palacios has more variety in terms of potential positions.

Reactions: John Pedro

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Keep a close eye on Exequiel Zeballos also from Argentina u17 team. Boca Junior's winger. Amazing dribbling skills. He had two amazing plays on Argentina first two goals in their 3-0 win against Paraguay.

Will do. When does the u17 World Cup begin?

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Dunno if someone's already mentioned him , but Sandro Tonali's been getting a ton of a hype in Italy.

Naturally, I hope Roma gets him as I think he'd be the perfect heir to De Rossi , but there's a lot of competition for his signature this summer.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I remember him making an impression on me during the EC U19 when I was trying to watch Portugal's Joao Felix. Very elegant and high IQ player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad