Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Real Madrid trying to sign him already. Kid is a beauty. Two goals so far in Brazil u17 sudamericano debut against Paraguay.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He'll play for England, if he's good. He was in a US youth camp recently, so if he's not good enough for England, I suspect he'll play for us instead of Nigeria. At the same time, we are starting to produce some good strikers, so he might be of little use, if he's not good.

• Haha
Reactions: bluesfan94

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He'll play for England, if he's good. He was in a US youth camp recently, so if he's not good enough for England, I suspect he'll play for us instead of Nigeria. At the same time, we are starting to produce some good strikers, so he might be of little use, if he's not good.
He's goal per game player on best U18 English team ATM. Of course this doesn't guarantee anything (see Akpom and Nketiah)

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Boubacar Kamara is getting a huge extension from Marseille who are preparing a huge summer of sales.
Kamara will be penciled as starter (though he's starting for two months now). His salary will be multiplied by 5.
Shouldn't be enough to keep him beyond summer of 2020.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Matias Palacios, Argentina's no. 10, looks like a great young player. They're beating Brazil 2-0 and he scored both their goals. Argentina need one more goal to qualify to next stage and Brazil (already qualifyed) is down a man.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Argentina scored in extra time and are in, Brazil is out but qualified to WC as the host country. Very lopsided game with one man down. Palacios was fantastic. Also liked Ceballos.

Uruguay 7 pts
Paraguay 7 pts
Argentina 7 pts
Brazil 7 pts
Colombia 0 pts

crazy tough group

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Maxence Caqueret has put a clinic for Lyon against Barca in youth league. Amazing. He's just two classes above everyone else.
Barca won with a late goal 3-2. Barca youth team seems to have the same success with refs, :facepalm:
In any case Griffith scored in this game.

But again, Caqueret :bow:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Matias Palacios, Argentina's no. 10, looks like a great young player. They're beating Brazil 2-0 and he scored both their goals. Argentina need one more goal to qualify to next stage and Brazil (already qualifyed) is down a man.
Yeah, head some noise about him. He's 16 though.

What type of players does he resemble?

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Maxence Caqueret has put a clinic for Lyon against Barca in youth league. Amazing. He's just two classes above everyone else.
Barca won with a late goal 3-2. Barca youth team seems to have the same success with refs, :facepalm:
In any case Griffith scored in this game.

But again, Caqueret :bow:

I liked what I saw from the CB Oumar Solet. I thought he was the best Lyon player. I didn't know who he was and googled him during the game. I wasn't surprised to see he's already debuted with the first team.

It was also announced today that Lyon's U17 team is playing at the Generation Adidas Cup in Dallas that starts in a week and a half. They usually stream a lot of the matches for that tournament.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Yeah, head some noise about him. He's 16 though.

What type of players does he resemble?

Rumors that he's heading to Internazionale. He kinda reminded me of Kevin de Bruyne but I feel he's more talented... his dribbling is simply amazing, looks effortless and the way he controls the tempo of the match is kind like Riquelme used to do. Great range on his shot too. People are excited about him and I can see why he could be Argentina's next superstar after Messi retires/declines. A mix between Riquelme, Iniesta and de Bruyne.

His second goal against Brazil shows a bit of his great shooting

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ulysses Llanez, who is one of the best American players in the 2001 year, joined Wolfsburg. Very one-dimensional left winger, but players can never stop his one dimension. Its reminiscent of Robben, but on the other side of the field. He has a chance to make our Sub20 World Cup team. He was incredibly good in the qualifying.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Rumors that he's heading to Internazionale. He kinda reminded me of Kevin de Bruyne but I feel he's more talented... his dribbling is simply amazing, looks effortless and the way he controls the tempo of the match is kind like Riquelme used to do. Great range on his shot too. People are excited about him and I can see why he could be Argentina's next superstar after Messi retires/declines. A mix between Riquelme, Iniesta and de Bruyne.

His second goal against Brazil shows a bit of his great shooting

His first touch to set up the shot was perfect, also. Very underrated skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad