Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Dinamo and Liverpool are currently tied at 1. Liverpool scored one time they created something and Dinamo is playing them off the pitch. Should be 3-1 right now and not a deadlock.

PS

Another glorious chance missed.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Best player on the pitch so far is Cherki obviously.
He's also the youngest.

He's a threat for sure, but I'm not overly impressed by him or anyone else on the pitch so far. Especially the Ajax players - they've all been meh, the defense in particular. Botman is just hilarious. I just hate him with passion.

Lyon's been better so far. Ajax are playing with a very unusual and unexpected , completely different defensive side and without a few big regulars. Their biggest stars (Gravenberch, Eiting, Lang, Taylor, Ekkelenkamp) will join Ajax I or young Ajax this week, so they aren't made available. Something I just can't grasp. Ajax never seem to value these tournaments much. Quinten Timber is suspended, Bakker has been in the doghouse since he announced his move to Paris, Flemming has been loaned out, Hansen missed practice and is demoted to the U17, while Unuvar is sitting on the bench with this defensive approach. Ter Heide and Botman shouldn't be active on this level and have no potential whatsoever. Nunnely has been with this U19 team for 4 years already, he just fails to take the next step time after time. I only feel Kuhn (AM) , Salah-Eddine (LB), Brobbey (ST) and Jensen (AM) have the potential to reach Ajax I of this current team on the pitch. Maybe Dest (RB) as well.

Hard to expect an Ajax victory here, especially when you consider that it's on the road. Maybe Brobbey can safe Ajax, but I doubt it. Shame it's in Lyon and how it's only one game. Just doesn't seem like a fair format. I would've went if the game was played on De Toekomst, but maybe next time/year.

Last edited:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Ajax loses on penalties after being down a man. Brobbey with both goals after two quality assists from Che Nunnely. Didn't feel Brobbey was involved a lot with Ajax' defensive approach. Not a fan of Heitinga's tactics; I think he felt he had to defend playing away and vs a quick offensive squad, but that's not the main quality of this Ajax side.

Unuvar came in late. Wasn't involved a whole lot, but I thought his shot was mostly on display. His free kick or his penalty, it's so quick, on point and powerful. Had a secondary assist on the tying goal and scored a penalty under heavy pressure.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And the red card came at the 89th BTW. So they were really not down a man throughout the game.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Dinamo gets by Liverpool on penalties. They should’ve scored 5 in regulation to be honest. Amazing the amount of talent this school produced in the last 10-15 years.

Reactions: Evilo

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Dinamo to play Chelsea in London in the clash of two future candidates for the #1 shirt with the Croatian national team. It's tough seeing them going through having to play an away game, but the performance against Liverpool builds hope.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Dinamo to play Chelsea in London in the clash of two future candidates for the #1 shirt with the Croatian national team. It's tough seeing them going through having to play an away game, but the performance against Liverpool builds hope.
Does Dinamo have any special talents on their team? Chelsea always has a really strong youth team in these competitions. Disappointed Liverpool went out, too, but haven't seen the game yet.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Google Translate

Interesting article comparing 19 year old American, Paxton Pomykal to Frenkie de Jong. Comes from a great FC Dallas academy

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Google Translate

Interesting article comparing 19 year old American, Paxton Pomykal to Frenkie de Jong. Comes from a great FC Dallas academy

Way premature and they play nothing alike, but Dallas has talked about a youth movement this season and Pomykal is one of the main beneficiaries. He had an assist in the last game. He didn't play much in previous seasons, but was the first sub off the bench in the first game and started the second game of the season, so he should play a big role this season.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Google Translate

They air MLS now here as well, but I still cringe seeing how they try to copy the European ways. I did just watch some highlights. It doesn't always paint the most accurate picture, but I don't see a single resemblance to Frenkie. I also would be hesitant calling any American academy great, but that's just my 0.02.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Don't often post youtube compilations, but this one of Joao Felix is quite telling. Kid has the potential to be world's best someday, yet somehow he's not all that talked about internationally, until recently. He's been a legit wonderkid for years now and Benfica knows how to develop its youngsters.

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Don't often post youtube compilations, but this one of Joao Felix is quite telling. Kid has the potential to be world's best someday, yet somehow he's not all that talked about internationally, until recently. He's been a legit wonderkid for years now and Benfica knows how to develop its youngsters.

Yessir...such a smooth, composed player. I've seen the Kaka comparison thrown around and I can see it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Way premature and they play nothing alike, but Dallas has talked about a youth movement this season and Pomykal is one of the main beneficiaries. He had an assist in the last game. He didn't play much in previous seasons, but was the first sub off the bench in the first game and started the second game of the season, so he should play a big role this season.
They air MLS now here as well, but I still cringe seeing how they try to copy the European ways. I did just watch some highlights. It doesn't always paint the most accurate picture, but I don't see a single resemblance to Frenkie. I also would be hesitant calling any American academy great, but that's just my 0.02.
Not saying its accurate but definitely interesting. You usually dont see American players getting that kind of PR.

As for Dallas academy, it is certainly the best academy in USA, they have sent a lot of players to Europe recently. It's not La Masia but it's the best there is here.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dallas has a really good academy. They might not be great compared to the absolute best academies in the world, but their academy teams would do well in the best academy leagues in Spain, England, Germany, Italy.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Who are the top 5 under 21 French CBs ATM? They are ridiculously deep in that position, not sure how they rank.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Who are the top 5 under 21 French CBs ATM? They are ridiculously deep in that position, not sure how they rank.

They're ridiculously stacked with U21 center backs playing in Germany alone. I'm sure it only gets crazier when you add those still in France.

Reactions: Cassano

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I can't answer now because plenty of HFboards posters are in a keeper football league and we have a window soon. Where I plan to bid on at least one :)
But yeah, we've got some amazing talents at CB, CM and AMs.
We're a bit thin at striker and FB.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Come to think about it, plenty of our up and coming U21 have already been drafted in our league so I can give at least a limited answer.

The first name you want to remember is Boubaca Kamara (OM). He's 20 this year, and he's got it all. If you want to picture the next Varane, he's is the guy you want to watch. He's got smarts, skills and lots of poise. He can play DM too. He's the prize IMO. Of course that could change quickly but as of now, he's the main guy.

Then you have the already known CBs : Sarr, Upamecano, Konate, Zagadou, Todibo, etc...

Then you have Jules Kounde who's a little less known, but who's extremely smart and is material of a future captain. A starter for 2 years now in L1 at age 19 isn't common.

And then you have two or three other guys I can't talk about right now.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
@Evilo, the best American player in 2004, a CAM named Evan Rotundo, is now on his second trial at Caen. I don't suspect he'll have a hard time getting signed by them as he's an incredibly talented player and has also trialed with some of the big English clubs. However, he has French citizenship and Caen appears to be a real option. The pitch is likely that they could bring him through to the first team quicker. He's training with their U-17's on his trial, which is an age group higher than his normal age group. He couldn't sign in other European countries until he's 16, but he could join Caen or another French club immediately.

The French Federation might also be scouting him for their youth teams, although he's in the US program, so I don't even know if that would be something he'd entertain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->