Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juni

Mar 24, 2004
London, England
www.thechels.net
Have just been reading that Juventus want to steal Ikone like they did with Coman. Can see why, the kid's ridiculous.

Juni, how did Kyle Scott play? More importantly though, how does he figure at Chelsea? I see he signed a new contract recently. Do you think he'll go out on loan next season? Will he stay with the U-21's another season or do you think he'll move on to another club soon?

Didn't have his best game, was better on Friday, but mitigating circumstances for both because he's been unwell and it showed, he didn't have the legs to influence things as he can do. He's thought of very highly by the academy staff and has been entrusted with big responsibilities in big matches because he's capable of holding it down. At his very best he dictates the play; everything goes through him, he controls things and makes things happen.

I wouldn't expect a loan next season if only because some of those ahead of him in the U21 midfield will go out instead, leaving him to be the main man at that level for half a season at least. He needs that too, he's not had many starts at that level yet.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Too bad Dinamo's kids were robbed of their clear cut victory against Anderlecht due to a moronic error by the coaches.

Do you think Brekalo is going to move to a big club soon? From what I've read, he's the next star out of Croatia. I believe he also scored in the game you are talking about.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Do you think Brekalo is going to move to a big club soon? From what I've read, he's the next star out of Croatia. I believe he also scored in the game you are talking about.

Hopefully not. But there was some rift between him and Mamić, he wants to play more for the senior team, as he should. Since the rift he played in some games and looked like a complete difference maker out there. Nice pace, great shot, etc. He should become a great one, and is the type Croatia has been missing.

Anyway Dinamo has more talented players on the team which will feature on top Euro clubs in the near future:

1. Šemper - looks to be a top end keep in the making
2. Pjaca - best player on the team, should be on the Euro team
3. Rog
4. Brekalo
5. Čorić - he's absolutely electric, kind of similar to Halilović
6. Olmo

It's kind of crazy how many good players came through Dinamo in the last 10 years: Modrić, Mandžo, Lovren, Ćorluka, Vrsaljko, Badelj, Brozović, Halilović, Kovačić, Eduardo etc.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Julian Brandt continues to drag Bayer towards the auto-qualification spot...5th straight game with a goal for the kid and he picked up an assist as well, while helping turn a 0-2 deficit against Schalke into a 3-2 win. The olympic team should have a lot of fun players to watch if they don't f*** up the selection.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Julian Brandt continues to drag Bayer towards the auto-qualification spot...5th straight game with a goal for the kid and he picked up an assist as well, while helping turn a 0-2 deficit against Schalke into a 3-2 win. The olympic team should have a lot of fun players to watch if they don't f*** up the selection.

That tournament should actually be really exciting to watch unlike the last one where I don't think I watched one game. Brazil is sending Neymar and other stars, German team should be stacked and Argentina are always fun to watch and should just crush the opposition.:D

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Personally I'm hoping about a third of the players on the first page of that list make the senior team or at least get a fair shot.

Would be nice.

But even without kids like Dahoud, Weigl, Kimmich, Tah, Can, who I want on the senior team, there's some interesting talents that we could send that would be fun to watch in this tourney. Not counting the kids I'd pick we could still send: Volland, Werner, Brandt/Sane, Arnold, Meyer, Oztunali, LeGo, Amiri, Stendera, Gerhardt, Geis, Sule, Kempf, Rudiger, Ginter, Korb, Bauer, Horn, Karius.

Last edited:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Would be nice.

But even without the guys I want on the senior team, there's some interesting talents that we could send that would be fun to watch in this tourney. Not counting kids like Dahoud, Weigl, Kimmich, Tah, who I'd pick we could still send: Volland, Werner, Brandt/Sane, Arnold, Meyer, Oztunali, LeGo, Amiri, Stendera, Gerhardt, Geis, Sule, Kempf, Rudiger, Ginter, Korb, Bauer, Horn, Karius.

Looking at that Transfermarkt list reminded me of Koray Günter. Dortmund should have never sold him. :(

No doubt they could still make a killer group, and more of those players will be left off Löw's roster than most of us would like. You don't think Volland will make the senior team?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Looking at that Transfermarkt list reminded me of Koray Günter. Dortmund should have never sold him. :(

No doubt they could still make a killer group, and more of those players will be left off Löw's roster than most of us would like. You don't think Volland will make the senior team?

I don't know, and actually think it's likely to come down to Volland/Sane/Brandt for the last attacking spot...and Brandt's incredible form could well give him a leg up in that battle...but I'd take:
( Front Three - 6 )
Mueller
Kruse
Reus
Draxler
Ozil
Gotze

( Midfield - 7 )
Gundogan
Dahoud
Can
Kramer-vs-Khedira
Kroos
Weigl
Kimmich

( Back Four - 7 )
Weiser
Schmelzer
Gerhardt
Boateng
Hummels
Tah
Mustafi-vs-S.Bender

( Goalkeepers - 3 )
Neuer
MAtS
Leno

So I guess I need to remove Gerhardt from my earlier list.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I don't know, and actually think it's likely to come down to Volland/Sane/Brandt for the last attacking spot...and Brandt's incredible form could well give him a leg up in that battle...but I'd take:
( Front Three - 6 )
Mueller
Kruse
Reus
Draxler
Ozil
Gotze

( Midfield - 7 )
Gundogan
Dahoud
Can
Kramer-vs-Khedira
Kroos
Weigl
Kimmich

( Back Four - 7 )
Weiser
Schmelzer
Gerhardt
Boateng
Hummels
Tah
Mustafi-vs-S.Bender

( Goalkeepers - 3 )
Neuer
MAtS
Leno

So I guess I need to remove Gerhardt from my earlier list.

With Volland, I was thinking what Jogi would do, not what I would do. Kruse for instance appears to be in Jogi's dog house. Why do you think Can should go to the Euros and not the Olympics?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Players born in 1992 aren't eligible for the Olympics, so some of those players on that list like Goetze, Volland, MAtS, Knoche are too old to play in the Olympics, unless they occupy one of the three overage spots.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Odsonne Edouard finally signed his first pro contract. Aged 17, he had 3 goals 3 assists in 8 UEFA youth league games.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Players born in 1992 aren't eligible for the Olympics, so some of those players on that list like Goetze, Volland, MAtS, Knoche are too old to play in the Olympics, unless they occupy one of the three overage spots.

Gotcha, so no Volland for the Olympics; although if he isn't picked for the Euros, I'd give him one of the overage spots.

With Volland, I was thinking what Jogi would do, not what I would do. Kruse for instance appears to be in Jogi's dog house. Why do you think Can should go to the Euros and not the Olympics?

No reason other than trying to not pick players for both just to see what a worst case scenario type team would look like. And you're right Kruse won't be going to the Euros and one of Volland/Brandt/Sane will surely take his place.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
Ever since Nicky Butt took charge, he has been signing a lot of young talent for the United academy.

So far there has been confirmed deals for: Nishan Burkart, Tahith Chong, Matthew Olosunde and Lee O'Connor.

Last year we signed a Belgian named Indy Boonen and he along with Angel Gomes are supposed to be the two standout talents from the academy. Should be hearing more about them next season if they play for the U21s.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Matt Olosunde is a good player, not the most exciting, but I think he'll be a good pro. Big full-back who can also play CB, incredible pace, good defensively, not the most technical but he provides good defense and pace going forward, he's a very Spurs type of full-back.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
I've seen him play once for the U18s and he looks to be a really lanky kid with good offensive instincts. If he fills up, I can see him have a good career as a CB.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Dembélé has hit a bit of a wall recently. 2/3 defensemen on his back and he can't seem to find the solution. Of course, his teammates can't provide much in terms of passing possibilities.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Hasn't Ntep been injured? Seems like the defenders would have less to focus on without Ntep there and could swarm Dembele that way.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Dembélé has hit a bit of a wall recently. 2/3 defensemen on his back and he can't seem to find the solution. Of course, his teammates can't provide much in terms of passing possibilities.

It's good for his progress. IMO he should stay one more year at Rennes before making the switch to another team but apparently it seems unlikely.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Hasn't Ntep been injured? Seems like the defenders would have less to focus on without Ntep there and could swarm Dembele that way.

Yes but Ntep has been injured for a long time, including the "unstoppable Dembélé time".

But yeah is Ntep was on the left side of Rennes' attack Dembélé would have much more space.

phv

Feb 27, 2016
Yes but Ntep has been injured for a long time, including the "unstoppable Dembélé time".

But yeah is Ntep was on the left side of Rennes' attack Dembélé would have much more space.

Isn't Jeremie Boga helping him ? He is/was one of Chelsea's best young prospects.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He's been decent, showed some flashed, but no, he's not really a viable option right now.
Which says a lot when you compare Dembélé and Boga on the same team in the same league. Boga's also a year older. And they're light years apart right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad