Soccer podcasts?

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
These things are always a matter of taste, but The Totally Football Show and The Set Piece Menu appeal to me. The latter offers Rory Smith, the former James Richardson- two of the smarter and more entertaining football journalists around, in my opinion.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
This is one that is specifically about the MLS and the USMNT but the extra time radio that’s on the MLS website is always one that I enjoy.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Total Soccer Show

Tagline is, "Richmond Virginia's first, only, therefore best soccer podcast."
Daily podcast, hosted by Taylor from Virginia and Daryl from Wolverhampton, England, with a call-in guest every couple weeks or so.
Discussion is equal parts MLS, Europe and US national teams.
About an hour an episode, easy to listen to.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
There used to be this awful podcast that was quite big here. Two Brits, one was a Chelsea supporter and I think the other a Liverpool supporter. It was awful and I think they even had a Patreon type thing. Only good thing about it was they'd have Phil Ball on it.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Is World Soccer Daily still around? I used to enjoy that show about a decade ago.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
That was the one I was referring to. I thought that was awful apart from some of the guests they'd get.

I got sick of them because they talked about Liverpool and 3rd rate English managers basically all show, every show.

Topic 1 - Liverpool fans should stop complaining

Topic 2 - Who will be the next West Ham/Blackburn/Bolton/Aston Villa/etc... manager?

It got so friggin boring.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I got sick of them because they talked about Liverpool and 3rd rate English managers basically all show, every show.

Topic 1 - Liverpool fans should stop complaining

Topic 2 - Who will be the next West Ham/Blackburn/Bolton/Aston Villa/etc... manager?

It got so friggin boring.

I didn't like the original hosts and it was really annoying having people cite them online. I enjoyed their guests often enough, but not them.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Eh, too cheesy.

I like Guardian football podcast. For MLS their official podcast, Total MLS, is good.

As a West Ham fan, I also enjoy East London Football podcast.

Very cheesy, but they are still fun, go ever a variety of topics, and also relate soccer to other sports which I love to hear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad