OT: Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
People heartily loled when Mou said that taking this UTD team to 2nd place was one of his greatest achievements in football...

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
People heartily loled when Mou said that taking this UTD team to 2nd place was one of his greatest achievements in football...

I mean, they were definitely better than what they showed under him this season, but they were definitely overachieving afterwards too. No reason they can't Duke it out with us 3rd tier teams (Chelsea and arsenal) for a top 4 spot though.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I'm a fan of ManU making knee jerk manager decisions and setting their team up to fail. If only they would've re-hired David Moyes.

I think OGS was as good a choice as any. As a Spurs fan obviously I didn’t want them to steal Poch, but I think OGS will bring a lot of what they want- a more attacking style, player development, and obviously the United pedigree. But he has a big job and maybe some tough decisions ahead of him.

Reactions: sabremike

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I think OGS was as good a choice as any. As a Spurs fan obviously I didn’t want them to steal Poch, but I think OGS will bring a lot of what they want- a more attacking style, player development, and obviously the United pedigree. But he has a big job and maybe some tough decisions ahead of him.

I don't think he's a bad manager, I'm just not sure if I'd trust him to rebuild my team. I think United needed a 'safer' appointment, I guess. For as much as I hate them, they're a huge club and theyve essentially been a non-factor for several years now.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
This is spot on. The Stupid One having us play like Stoke was sickening for me to watch, Ole is trying to make us play like Manchester United and restoring our pride.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Such a bad string of events for us. Drawing with burnley at home is bad, but CHO rupturing his achilles is absolute worst case for us. Hes not even going to be ready to play meaningful football for 6 months at best. Essentially, not Bayern dont even have to submit an offer for him (why would they?), and he basically becomes 'ready to play' right as the january transfer window opens up. You couldnt have asked for a worse situation from a Chelsea standpoint.

Here's to hoping i'm dead wrong on how overrated Pulisic is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->