OT: Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Pretty exciting game. Too bad I've missed most of the goals...

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I may have seen a better soccer game than this one once, but I'm not sure
Amazing stuff...

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Didnt get a chance to watch it, but happy to see City out of it. Didnt look too hard but did VAR screw the game or get the right call?

youthoftoday

Jun 14, 2011
Philly
That game was insane. Too much to handle in the middle of the day while at work. Hard to believe we are in the semi final after how things went in the first 2 games of group play.
Also, pretty funny that these 2 teams play again on Saturday and it is a crucial game for each. Curious to see how that plays out.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I just saw this game, so gut wrenching. I accidentally clicked this thread yesterday and saw a @Starat327 comment from Tuesday and thought it was a comment about Ajax and City getting knocking off in the next round and my spirit just dropped. I thought it was current about the Spurs, and a bad omen. Then I avoided the thread like the plague and fought every urge to just google the score.

So I see the city goal and am dejected as expected, jump forward in the game and see City score their second and just feel like crap until I hear the announcer yell "City has just squared it back up!", realizing I missed two Spurs goals, so I rewind. This game... I get sick in my stomach again as City scores a third, and fast forward to the 2nd half. Jump probably 15 minutes into the 2nd half and watch out from there, OMG!

Wild, such a statement game from the Spurs. Yes, they did benefit from the two VAR reviews, but f'it, I'll take it and run. That was amazing. Do the work early, Spurs clean sheet in leg 1, what a difference. Lloris gave up 4 goals, still had a very strong game, go figure. Son is just money, and he's gonna get paid soon. Pime example of find talent early, and secure teh contracts to team friendly deals earlier rather than later. I pray that the new stadium makes the team flush so they can keep their own players, Eriksen too. And Llorente showing his worth, he's not a bum after all.

Mental fortitude, and depth. COYS finally have some of those missing ingredients. Back from Tim Sherwood calling the team out post AVB, the talent is there, and now there's focus and composure.

Today is a good Thursday. Picking up that heads up penny was a great move Wednesday morning, you're welcome Poch.

Last edited:

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
That game was insane. Too much to handle in the middle of the day while at work. Hard to believe we are in the semi final after how things went in the first 2 games of group play.
Also, pretty funny that these 2 teams play again on Saturday and it is a crucial game for each. Curious to see how that plays out.

Spurs fan, but I have a feeling we're in for a good shalacking on Saturday.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Wasn't expecting a Spurs win today but they had their chances. Could drop out of the top 4 after this week.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
The score was spoiled for me, so I deleted it off the dvr. If they had a lack luster line-up, and still got chances, that's promising. What kind of side did M.C. field?

I was about to ask if the Spurs still had a game in hand, but then I remembered I could just google it myself.
No longer have a game in hand. However, after this week, the worst they'd drop is to 4th. Arsenal can jump them, and Man U can tie, Chelsea is already at the same games played and has fewer points. Spurs stay top over the Devils based on goal differential.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
The score was spoiled for me, so I deleted it off the dvr. If they had a lack luster line-up, and still got chances, that's promising. What kind of side did M.C. field?

I was about to ask if the Spurs still had a game in hand, but then I remembered I could just google it myself.
No longer have a game in hand. However, after this week, the worst they'd drop is to 4th. Arsenal can jump them, and Man U can tie, Chelsea is already at the same games played and has fewer points. Spurs stay top over the Devils based on goal differential.

MC fielded a full line up, and honestly, Spurs seemingly had more chances to score and just failed to do so. A draw was probably the "fair" result of today.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
MC fielded a full line up, and honestly, Spurs seemingly had more chances to score and just failed to do so. A draw was probably the "fair" result of today.
Thx

That's a bummer. 2018-19 Spurs, "We do not draw."

Still, Spurs are alive in Champions, so there's that.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Ah, you’re right. I didn’t notice that Chelsea has played the same number of games.

Reactions: Ruck Over
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad