OT: Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Checking in late, was avoiding this thread until I had a chance to see the game.

Yes, the new White Hart Lane is beautiful. Son is amazing, Lloris finally had an excellent game in recent memory, hope Kane bounces back soon.

Amazing outing by Spurs. Clean sheet makes it a tough out for MC for the 2nd leg. MC held back some of their players, thinking they could tire the Spurs out and have a major depth advantage when it got time for subs. This Spurs team has a lot more fortitude than teams past. The starters hung in great. They're so close to being a legitimate top 4 team to be expected there, instead of place holders waiting for the likes of the other 5 teams (UM, MC, Ars, Chl, Lvr) stumbling and acquiescing a place.

#COYS

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I'll just say i would be terribly surprised if Spurs didnt go full 'Spurs' in this next match. Though I think that has more to do with their opponent this game than Spurs' history of, well, Spurs-ing.
Can't you say the same thing about City though? They don't seem like a team to me that's destined to win the Champions League.

I have to admit, I'm not an EPL expert though.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Can't you say the same thing about City though? They don't seem like a team to me that's destined to win the Champions League.

I have to admit, I'm not an EPL expert though.

Spurs have done it on too many occasions. Title run ins, FA Cup Semis, CL last year... you name it. Their recent history is kind of to be no-shows in big games. I'm likely being a little harsh as a Chelsea supporter, but I think if you look at their recent big games (and not just big PL games), they tend to be a little wobbly, thats all. They should've won the title twice in the past 4 or 5 years but collapsed down the stretch.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Spurs have done it on too many occasions. Title run ins, FA Cup Semis, CL last year... you name it. Their recent history is kind of to be no-shows in big games. I'm likely being a little harsh as a Chelsea supporter, but I think if you look at their recent big games (and not just big PL games), they tend to be a little wobbly, thats all. They should've won the title twice in the past 4 or 5 years but collapsed down the stretch.
You're...not wrong
And I will be betting against Spurs tomorrow as a Spurs fan, especially with Ajax waiting
But what they've accomplished the last few seasons [no finish worse than 3rd], when you consider the $ they've spent vs. the other big boys is amazing.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You're...not wrong
And I will be betting against Spurs tomorrow as a Spurs fan, especially with Ajax waiting
But what they've accomplished the last few seasons [no finish worse than 3rd], when you consider the $ they've spent vs. the other big boys is amazing.

100% Agreed. If Spurs had an owner that was even remotely interested in winning and wouldnt mind spending a little bit of cash to do it, youd have at least 2, likely 3 titles under your belt by now. That's honestly the biggest problem i see with Spurs. The starting XI can go against just about anyone in the league. But the second you lose Kane or Alli (i know, glass houses/Eden), youre sunk. Sonn has played out of his mind for the last season and a half, but at some point, thats going to give. After that, the bench isnt all that intimidating, and if someone is off their game, there is no one there to sub in as a difference maker.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
You're...not wrong

Poch is the best manager in the world.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
I hope the final will be
barcajaxvb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad