OT: Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Looking good for Spurs (although I can't watch the game, just following live updates)
Dammit, forgot to set DVR!

Anyhow, after winning 3-0 at home, it would've been a major uphill struggle for Dortmund. And given the two clubs positions, it makes more sense for the Spurs to go all out in Championship eschewing the EPL title race (but remaining top 4), and conversely, Dortmund is a lot closer to the domestic title, and the Champions league is an after thought.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Dammit, forgot to set DVR!

Anyhow, after winning 3-0 at home, it would've been a major uphill struggle for Dortmund. And given the two clubs positions, it makes more sense for the Spurs to go all out in Championship eschewing the EPL title race (but remaining top 4), and conversely, Dortmund is a lot closer to the domestic title, and the Champions league is an after thought.

Full time. Spurs are through to the quarters.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yep seeing Courtois in this loss made it so much more enjoyable. I hate his guts since the Chelsea days.. (I.e. forever)

I was never big ok him even when he played for us. Always felt he was overhyped. I despise him after how he went about getting his transfer though .

Reactions: kudymen

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Normally id say im ok with ManU staying around because it'll just create fatigue down the stretch, but the ManU players did absolutely nothing for the first 20 games of the season, so they shouldnt have any issues finishing strong.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Didn't watch the ATL UTD game last night and I'm sure glad I didn't. It's a shame that these CCL games are practically our preseason games. MLS teams are not in form at all.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Normally id say im ok with ManU staying around because it'll just create fatigue down the stretch, but the ManU players did absolutely nothing for the first 20 games of the season, so they shouldnt have any issues finishing strong.
I much prefer them moving on instead of PSG. Spending that much money is corny.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I much prefer them moving on instead of PSG. Spending that much money is corny.

Especially when you dont even have to show up for your league games to sleepwalk to another titles. Ligue 1 is the biggest joke of a league there is. Spending that much money on Neymar and Mbappe and still not even making it to the CL semis is comical though, I agree.

Reactions: BigToe

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Two idiots run onto the pitch during games today. Not a good trend.
That Birmingham incident was scary. Players from both teams should have clown pounded that guy and the stewards that let him on the pitch.

Security for a Birmingham derby should always be at the highest level. Incompetence that anyone would be able to get through in a match of this kind of tension.

Reactions: sabremike

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
That Birmingham incident was scary. Players from both teams should have clown pounded that guy and the stewards that let him on the pitch.

Security for a Birmingham derby should always be at the highest level. Incompetence that anyone would be able to get through in a match of this kind of tension.

Yeah, imagine if that guy had a knife.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Where are all the Man U fans at? :laugh:

Hi!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_lytq69vDUh1qmz06ho7_r1_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events