OT: Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Winning the CL with Porto really got him the hype, and then jumping onto the mountain of gold at Chelsea and turning it into titles really cemented it.

Too bad for him that Luis Garcia is so ****ing awesome :laugh:

garcia.jpg
True. Stunning upset. I guess I meant the Inter treble got him the hype that literally everything he touched turned to gold.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Such a bad weekend. Came out utterly flat in the second half against Leicester.

Joyous to watch City lose again, though. I'll take anyone winning the title over Pep. If there's a manager that deserves a trophy this year though, it's definitely Klopp.

Reactions: WestrnPhlyr

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Tough loss for city today, but that Pereira goal was a screamer. As a supporter of a team who lose to leicester just a few days ago though, i can sympathize.

Gotta think the title is Liverpool's to lose at this point. As a chelsea supporter, i have to ask - any chance you guys can find Stevie G a kit? If so, I bet we can find whatever rock Demba Ba is hiding under. :razz:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Tough loss for city today, but that Pereira goal was a screamer. As a supporter of a team who lose to leicester just a few days ago though, i can sympathize.

Gotta think the title is Liverpool's to lose at this point. As a chelsea supporter, i have to ask - any chance you guys can find Stevie G a kit? If so, I bet we can find whatever rock Demba Ba is hiding under. :razz:

I will literally walk all the way there and tear your head off.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I will literally walk all the way there and tear your head off.

Haha, if theres a team i want to win the title this year (other than Chelsea, obviously), it's Liverpool. I'm so enamored by the fact that the team did it organically 9relatively speaking), taking their time go give the manager the reins for more a few years to shape the team in his own mold. I know the front 3 (or 4 i guess, now) get a lot of credit, but I love what Klopp has done with TAA and Robo on the backside. Virgil is the best defender in the world for me. The dude has it all, and makes it all look so effortless.

I just hope when you win the title, you guys invite the Southampton supports club to the parade. It'd only be fair.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA

It's Liverpool's to lose, but don't sleep on Spurs.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It's Liverpool's to lose, but don't sleep on Spurs.

I dont mean this the wrong way, but ive been hearing this for a few years now. I'm not surprised that they are playing well, but i just feel they always go full on 'Spurs' when it matters most. They shouldve had a title win by now but they just cant seem to get out of their own way.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I dont mean this the wrong way, but ive been hearing this for a few years now. I'm not surprised that they are playing well, but i just feel they always go full on 'Spurs' when it matters most. They shouldve had a title win by now but they just cant seem to get out of their own way.

I've heard this from a couple of people but I have to disagree. For the past couple of years, Spurs best 11 could match up against the rest of the league, but the bench left a lot to be desired. This is the first year that the depth is adequate.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I've heard this from a couple of people but I have to disagree. For the past couple of years, Spurs best 11 could match up against the rest of the league, but the bench left a lot to be desired. This is the first year that the depth is adequate.

Time will tell. It certainly seems like they are playing better this year, so at least there is that going for them. I just have a hard time believing they can pull out the big game win until they prove me wrong, thats all.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It figures. On a perfect day to make up some points because Spurs are ****ting the bed against Wolves :laugh:, Arsenal has to go into Anfield :mad:.

Just saw that scoreline. Hard time imagining Liverpool don't get at least a point today.

Liverpool will come back to earth at some point and punt a game or two, but the game on the third is almost aist win for City at this point.

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
Just saw that scoreline. Hard time imagining Liverpool don't get at least a point today.

Liverpool will come back to earth at some point and punt a game or two, but the game on the third is almost aist win for City at this point.
I'm definitely hoping they punt one today (I'm Gunners fan) but damn, I just looked at the table and realized that Liverpool has only allowed 7 GA in 19 matches....wow. Unai Emery and the Gunners definitely have their work cut out for them.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm definitely hoping they punt one today (I'm Gunners fan) but damn, I just looked at the table and realized that Liverpool has only allowed 7 GA in 19 matches....wow. Unai Emery and the Gunners definitely have their work cut out for them.

As a Chelsea fan, I'm pulling for Liverpool here. I'm sure you can understand. :cheers:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Not an ideal scoreline. Mo's last two penalties make me think he's going to join the summer Olympics for Egypt on the diving team, though .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad