OT: Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I know, but this pales anyway compared to the entertainment of the David "Chosen One" Moyes regime.

The more time passes the more I think Moyes was given a poisoned chalice. Ferguson stayed for as long as he could and took the last embers of that fire before jumping ship. Moyes inherited a squad that was full of players either too young or too old and wasn’t given the same luxury of time that Ferguson was afforded. Van Gaal and Mourinho have since proven that success isn’t a pre-requisite at United and like Revie, Clough and soon to be Wenger - it’s impossible to replace a legend.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The more time passes the more I think Moyes was given a poisoned chalice. Ferguson stayed for as long as he could and took the last embers of that fire before jumping ship. Moyes inherited a squad that was full of players either too young or too old and wasn’t given the same luxury of time that Ferguson was afforded. Van Gaal and Mourinho have since proven that success isn’t a pre-requisite at United and like Revie, Clough and soon to be Wenger - it’s impossible to replace a legend.

Definitely. Liverpool fans have been living with this for a long time, too.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Oh Liverpool.

72Qy.gif

Reactions: BigToe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad