OT: Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrustratedFlyer

Feb 4, 2018
Middle eastern oil money + pathetic young kids + pigs ass + very low general intelligence levels = football. Enjoy all I'll be emulating the Cat and won't be in here

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Been a bit of an Everton fan since Brian McBride was loaned there. Became a big fan at the start of NBC's coverage of the Premiership in 2013 and the Blues set their BPL best with 73 points.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
No reason to post it. I just felt like doing it

arsene_wenger_and_his_magic_coat_by_dubai777-d5s128x.jpg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
At first yes, but now some of his decisions are mind boggling from what I hear from Arsenal fans

He's completely washed up. He was revolutionary when he first got to England, but he's a spent force. He still hasn't replaced Patrick Viera all these years later - it's the tip of the iceberg, but it's a very big tip, which if I'm not mistaken is, word for word, what she said.

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
He's completely washed up. He was revolutionary when he first got to England, but he's a spent force. He still hasn't replaced Patrick Viera all these years later - it's the tip of the iceberg, but it's a very big tip, which if I'm not mistaken is, word for word, what she said.

The Vieira departure was such an unbelievable failure

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I don't think the Man U bandwagon fandom is as bad now as it was a few years back when I first started getting into soccer, but their fans here have always screamed 'front runner' to me. The worst kind of fan.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The Vieira departure was such an unbelievable failure

He's just unbelievably stubborn. That was fine for a long time, when his ideas were working, but you start bleeding Henrys and Fabregases and Vieras, and Bergkamps and Overmarses etc., you are going to be in trouble. How they could persist so long with Walcott, who makes Neuvy look like Iron Man, and Wilshire, who chain smokes like a champ, is anyone's guess. They need to make a smart hire next and take some time to rebuild it all and they will be fine. With that stadium, they have plenty of money.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
He's just unbelievably stubborn. That was fine for a long time, when his ideas were working, but you start bleeding Henrys and Fabregases and Vieras, and Bergkamps and Overmarses etc., you are going to be in trouble. How they could persist so long with Walcott, who makes Neuvy look like Iron Man, and Wilshire, who chain smokes like a champ, is anyone's guess. They need to make a smart hire next and take some time to rebuild it all and they will be fine. With that stadium, they have plenty of money.

I have always believed that Walcott mainly wanted to keep Rosický company and Wenger started to believe he was running a hospital

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
It's been a weird season as all my teams are doing pretty well. The Flyers, the Eagles, Jokerit Helsinki in KHL and even Liverpool is not doing their best to ruin the season! I sometimes feel that I have chosen all the most fatalistic teams to support...

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->