OT: Soccer/Football Thread Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Entertaining game. I can understand being distraught over the original Taa handball, but the second late in the game? Not a chance. His hands were as close to him as it gets.

Silva hit the first one with his arm first - there is literally zero chance of that being a handball against Trent according to the new rule.

Reactions: trostol

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
This MLS Cup was already a nightmare for a Whitecaps fan, but it's over now. Seattle with two Cups in 4 years barring a miracle comeback.

TFC winning wouldn't have been any better.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Silva hit the first one with his arm first - there is literally zero chance of that being a handball against Trent according to the new rule.

Agreed, but I can at least understand the 'casual' idea that his hand was in an unnatural position. The second, theres no chance at all you can card someone for that (unless that someone is Tammy Abraham in the CL game against ajax. Slightly different circumstance, though).

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Liverpool 8 points clear..yet why am i still concerned lol

giphy.gif

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I think they mentioned during the game that Liverpool were similarly ahead at Christmas last year and didn't close it out, so probably that
I do believe City had 2 games in hand when Pool had that similar lead, not this time
they can clear off a place on the mantle for that long-awaited Prem trophy
& I think the top 4 is nearly set in stone also...

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Stop that. (except it could happen)

Mourinho would absolutely stifle and destroy that team. I don't think Levy is that dumb. He'd be smart to go for someone like Allegri, or to try and poach someone like Howe, or Garcia, or Nuno. Even I wouldnt want to see all that talent at Spurs be converted to a purely defensive team.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
This is going to end up being a huge mistake.

It very well could, but the reality is that the team hasn't looked good since the better part of a year ago. And it's not just that they're not at the level of City or LFC, it's that they're pretty much at the level of Brighton and Bournemouth (actually below both of them). I think Poch is a good coach but something wasn't working.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
This is going to end up being a huge mistake.

I forgot if you're a Spurs fan or not, but don't you feel this is at least somewhat mutual? Poch has been pretty different over the past season to season and a half from an off the field standpoint.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It very well could, but the reality is that the team hasn't looked good since the better part of a year ago. And it's not just that they're not at the level of City or LFC, it's that they're pretty much at the level of Brighton and Bournemouth (actually below both of them). I think Poch is a good coach but something wasn't working.

This is all true. I just wonder how much of this is due to a reluctance to spend money and provide reinforcements. Im no absolving Poch here, but he took a team of mostly academy prospects and nobodies and in a few years, took them to the CL final. That's more than Pep has been able to do with an unlimited budget. I agree that something was wrong - i just wonder if it couldve been fixed as opposed to parting ways, that's all. Poch is, to me, one of the top 5 or so managers in the world - if you arent going to give him the financial support to push for titles, what's his incentive to stay? I'd imagine he ends up at Real or somewhere like Bayern - who need a manager capable of managing young players - in short order.

I forgot if you're a Spurs fan or not, but don't you feel this is at least somewhat mutual? Poch has been pretty different over the past season to season and a half from an off the field standpoint.

I'm a Chelsea supporter. I think it's probably mutual - mostly Poch, to be honest - but like i said above - probably could've been avoided. The results so far this year probably warrant the sacking, but i think the path that lead there is a mistake - maybe thats the proper way to word it.

Reactions: Jack Straw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad