OT: Soccer/Football Thread Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
They're not born yet. Sorry about the quality. We went to meet the other parent. I had to perform some surgery in order to avoid having to blur faces of people I don't know.

c5VZSkS.jpg

No, we're not going to a breeder. It would be a friend's puppies. They happen to do agility competitions, so that was the easiest place.

What the f***, Jojo?

Posting dog pics in a thread I don't go through?!

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Actually, since I’m here I need a judgement call from the wise HFboards sages...

How do we feel about someone buying a jersey/shirt/whatever of a team they don’t follow, in a sport they don’t watch? Acceptable or no?

I love soccer, it was my favorite sport to play growing up and it’s actually why my username has been some form of “Striker” since I first started online gaming... but I don’t watch any pro soccer outside of the World Cup and don’t follow any teams. However I saw a jersey/logo I liked and wanted to get it, but hesitated because it felt stupid to buy when I have zero attachment to the team or sport.

Thoughts?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Actually, since I’m here I need a judgement call from the wise HFboards sages...

How do we feel about someone buying a jersey/shirt/whatever of a team they don’t follow, in a sport they don’t watch? Acceptable or no?

I love soccer, it was my favorite sport to play growing up and it’s actually why my username has been some form of “Striker” since I first started online gaming... but I don’t watch any pro soccer outside of the World Cup and don’t follow any teams. However I saw a jersey/logo I liked and wanted to get it, but hesitated because it felt stupid to buy when I have zero attachment to the team or sport.

Thoughts?

Treat yo self.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Thoughts?

Go for it.

Reactions: Striiker

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly

Thoughts?
As long as its an Arsenal jersey/logo you're fine.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I genuinely have no idea what you mean. :laugh:

That's the club I support. Wasn't sure if you just found a post of mine in here and decided to post that. Narcissistic, I know.

Not that it's like some small club or anything I just found it funny... so innocent. That's their shirt from last season, btw not that you probably care as it's probably on sale somewhere.

They're the biggest club in Italy and Cristiano Ronaldo plays for them so you're not going to be looked at weird or anything.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That's the club I support. Wasn't sure if you just found a post of mine in here and decided to post that. Narcissistic, I know.

Not that it's like some small club or anything I just found it funny... so innocent. That's their shirt from last season, btw not that you probably care as it's probably on sale somewhere.

They're the biggest club in Italy and Cristiano Ronaldo plays for them so you're not going to be looked at weird or anything.
Ahhhh ok, I gotcha now. :laugh: Nope, I wasn't messing with you. I honestly have literally zero clue who anyone on here is a fan of. I've maybe read one page of this entire thread.

And yeah, I'm mildly aware of who they are and who plays there, but that didn't factor in to why I picked this jersey. I just really like the way it looks.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Ahhhh ok, I gotcha now. :laugh: Nope, I wasn't messing with you. I honestly have literally zero clue who anyone on here is a fan of. I've maybe read one page of this entire thread.

And yeah, I'm mildly aware of who they are and who plays there, but that didn't factor in to why I picked this jersey. I just really like the way it looks.

Fair enough, lol.

Here's their home shirt from this season, I definitely preferred last years:

product.JPG

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Why don't you like them? I've only ordered off there like twice, so I'm not too familiar.

How much time do you got?

But long story short they're basically a monopoly on sports apparel now. They make subpar products. They are slowly taking over the game worn industry and do a terrible job at it.

They don't make that jersey so you're fine there.

They're just big business personified.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Not sure it's safe to say that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->