Soccer/Football Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
His footwork and reaction left a lot to be desired.

it was a great shot but from that distance I’ve seen keepers make that save

Yeah, Kepa was flat-footed for the entire build up of that shot. I'm not saying it's an easy save, but that's a saveable shot with a better keeper. Kepa wasn't even that far off despite not making a movement until it was struck.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Yeah, Kepa was flat-footed for the entire build up of that shot. I'm not saying it's an easy save, but that's a saveable shot with a better keeper. Kepa wasn't even that far off despite not making a movement until it was struck.

And from my original post, Mendy has been playing very well. He has made some terrific saves when I catch Chelsea play.
I get the point of rolling with the goalie that played the whole competition but Mendy is clearly the #1 and deserving

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
And from my original post, Mendy has been playing very well. He has made some terrific saves when I catch Chelsea play.
I get the point of rolling with the goalie that played the whole competition but Mendy is clearly the #1 and deserving

No argument here.

I've been trying to temper my expectations a but with Tuchel. We've been playing great football and getting results, but his knick has always been when it matters, he tends to outsmart himself in an attempt to outsmart the opposition. Yesterday was a great example of that. I have no idea why we started Alonso over Chillwell, and I have absolutely no idea how Abraham still can't even crack the squad. I'm looking forward to us being linked with buying him in 5 years like we are now with Lukaku.

Reactions: PDX Flyer

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Chelsea moving the ball really well though. Looking very dangerous. Jorgjino is a boss

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Im not sure ive seen a more egregious non-penalty call recently. Every time i see it, i cant help but question how VAR didnt overrule it.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
If Liverpool win Champions League next year, the Allisson header in stoppage time last week will go down as one of the most talked about goals in their history.

As long as they do it at the expense of Leicester, I'm fine with it.

Hopefully Spurs come out with more teeth next week (that feels almost as weird as rooting for arsenal) and make this super easy for both of us.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Aren't you guys still fighting for Europa, Too?

I wouldn't call what they did today "fighting", but technically yes, I think we are. I would say your only hope there is that Kane will go nuts and score a hattie since it looked like he was saying goodbye to Tottenham after the match today. :(

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I wouldn't call what they did today "fighting", but technically yes, I think we are. I would say your only hope there is that Kane will go nuts and score a hattie since it looked like he was saying goodbye to Tottenham after the match today. :(

Ah. Leicester have looked wildly beatable in the last two matches, with VAR preventing 3 goals from being scored altogether, so i dont think it'd take much. ill settle for a 1-1, im not terribly picky.

Reactions: Jack Straw

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
If Liverpool win Champions League next year, the Allisson header in stoppage time last week will go down as one of the most talked about goals in their history.
Talk to Everton fans....when Liverpool won the CL back in the day ( think it was the 3-0 comback) but finished out of the top four, guess who they bumped out.... Everton. Can’t make that shit up.

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Talk to Everton fans....when Liverpool won the CL back in the day ( think it was the 3-0 comback) but finished out of the top four, guess who they bumped out.... Everton. Can’t make that shit up.
That CL final was vs AC Milan. I watched the first half by myself at my campus pub while waiting for a friend, who would have been cheering for Liverpool. I texted him to not bother coming, as they were down 3-0 at half and there was an extremely obnoxious Milan fan at the table beside me.

My friend ignored my text and witnessed the crazy comeback. Watching the roller coaster of emotions for the Milan fan was almost as entertaining as the game itself. :laugh:

I feel bad for Everton fans, in general, but at least they have a prominent fan in Rog from Men in Blazers to keep talking them up even when they're mediocre or worse.

Edit: as I recall, UEFA actually permitted both Everton and Liverpool to compete in the CL the next season and it was Liverpool, not Everton, that wasn't assured a spot right away.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Liverpool were given a place in the qualifying rounds against the welsh team TNS that had relatively little chance of progressing.

TNS got to fill out their ground, and likely a few goodies from Liverpool and Liverpool got to defend their crown. Everyone was a winner.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Aguero is going to score like 25+ next year...

so sad to see him go. He would have hit that this year if not injured. Still looks the same player when healthy.

But a great last Premier League game. Immense finishes both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->