Soccer/Football Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
I dont want to overreact to this game. Both teams rested some KEY players.

That said, besting two times in 3 weeks makes you think that the gap isn't as wide as some think. Almost as if I pointed that out already....

Edit: realistically, the CL final win would be a nice prize but if we lose I don't think anyone will be terribly surprised. But this game was a huge 3 points for qualifying next year, and that should be the focus.

Chelsea is a good team, that coach knows what he is doing. That final is going to be a cracker

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Chelsea is a good team, that coach knows what he is doing. That final is going to be a cracker

Bingo. I expect to lose the CL because I think Citys starting XI is stronger than ours - I want to make that very clear. My whole thing here is that city can beaten (as we've proven multiple times) and that this is nowhere close to a David vs Goliath situation.

I think Pep is much more focused on the CL than anything else right now, so maybe that's playing a part, but its not as though City's bench players are academy scrubs, either.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Tebas accuses Infantino of masterminding ESL

giphy.webp

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Oh, @Starat327.

I think I have mentioned before, one of my best childhood friends is the son of parents from Leicester, though his mom became a United fan, somehow, long before they were a powerhouse.

The Premier League championship run was magical, knowing what it meant to him, especially how their run came out of nowhere. This is pretty important, too.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Oh, @Starat327.

I think I have mentioned before, one of my best childhood friends is the son of parents from Leicester, though his mom became a United fan, somehow, long before they were a powerhouse.

The Premier League championship run was magical, knowing what it meant to him, especially how their run came out of nowhere. This is pretty important, too.

I maintain what I've maintained all along -the FA Cup means very little to me. I acknowledge that if you live in England it's probably more important, but for me, it's just not important enough to care about.

I should be more fired up about two absolutely terrible VAR Calls, but again, I just don't care enough. Bigger games ahead.

Reactions: Fire Tortorella

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I don't really get where you are coming from regarding the FA cup. It's a huge trophy. Every kid dreams of scoring the winning goal at Wembley.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
I maintain what I've maintained all along -the FA Cup means very little to me. I acknowledge that if you live in England it's probably more important, but for me, it's just not important enough to care about.

I should be more fired up about two absolutely terrible VAR Calls, but again, I just don't care enough. Bigger games ahead.
Why didn’t Mendy start? He would have saved that goal. Was Kepa playing all the FA cup games?

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Why didn’t Mendy start? He would have saved that goal. Was Kepa playing all the FA cup games?

Yup. Kepa played most (if not all) of the FA. I kind of understand keeping it with him, in order to keep locker room issues out, etc. Pep mentioned something similar about playing Steffen against us in the semis. I think Mendy wouldve been better prepared for that shot and likely been in a better position to do so, 100%. That was an absolute rocket from Youri though.

That said, it shouldnt have counted regardless of how great a shot it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad