So...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
We have run into a bump in the road, in that Drew will no longer be able to sim any games, and Dryden (a temporary back-up) is currently trolling for lovely's in the southern hemisphere (*sigh*).

As such, we're going ahead with the all-star game, which Sean will be able to sim early this week I believe (Hasnain has to get the Eastern Conference line-up done over the weekend first).

Regardless, we do have a problem, and that is finding a long-term solution for simming our games, which specifically means we're looking for a sim manager who can step in and save the day. As per Drew's previous post, this is what's involved....

System Requirements:
(i) Copy of FHL Sim (league provided)
(ii) a good FTP client (if you don't have one, Absolute FTP by Microsoft is user friendly, reliable, and most importantly cheap)
(iii) Older version of WinZip

What's Involved? Look in the Yahoo Group folder section under miscellaeous files and info (at the top) and review the 'Simming Games' document. It will give you a good idea of what's involved.

Any takers? We're open to ideas, including spreading the simming of games amongst three or four SIM managers who take a game or two a week. If we have to, we could also sim two games per night (until the playoffs anyway), which would make things easier somewhat. The downside is it doesn't give GM's a chance to alter their lines for the second night if they played both nights.

If nothing else, having a copy of the sim will help you learn abit about how things work (hey, you're free to play around with it on your own).

*cue the music*

Perhaps it is time for a few of our GMs to ask not what the HFNHL can do for you, but what you can do for the HFNHL...

*Fade music*

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
As such, we're going ahead with the all-star game, which Sean will be able to sim early this week I believe (Hasnain has to get the Eastern Conference line-up done over the weekend first).

Nick, This is news to me. Are you sure I am picking the eastern team all star team as Washington is leading the Eastern Division since game 30 onwards.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
islanders said:
Nick, This is news to me. Are you sure I am picking the eastern team all star team as Washington is leading the Eastern Division since game 30 onwards.

Oy! Sorry Hasnain, I meant Andrew Chang-Sang!

SensGod

Feb 27, 2002
Scotia Bank Place
Visit site
Dr.Sens(e), I might be able to help...it what capacity depends on my work right now as I am a consultant for a computer company and I have to leave the country sporatically. As of rigth now...i'm home and might be able to help if you spread the simming amongs a few people just in case I have to leave the country.

contact me on MSN or at [email protected]...we can discuss this.

Cheers,

LT

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
SensGod said:
Dr.Sens(e), I might be able to help...it what capacity depends on my work right now as I am a consultant for a computer company and I have to leave the country sporatically. As of rigth now...i'm home and might be able to help if you spread the simming amongs a few people just in case I have to leave the country.

Cheers,

LT

And then there was one.

Glad to hear Laurens! Matt will most likely be in touch soon (FYI to everyone - it's a busy time of year for those in the accounting world, hence Matt has been a tad occupied by his paying job of late).

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
SensGod said:

Cheers,

LT
Depending on how often you need to leave town, I may be able to help out. Problem is, I am trying to plan a wedding which is consuming most of what used to be spare time. Something tells me the fiancee won't be satisfied that I can't look at places because I need to sim games, but I should be able to help out on an occassional basis.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Dr.Sens(e) said:
And then there was one.

Glad to hear Laurens! Matt will most likely be in touch soon (FYI to everyone - it's a busy time of year for those in the accounting world, hence Matt has been a tad occupied by his paying job of late).

That's right, folks...PAYING job. I'm having so much fun right now, it's hard to believe I get paid to boot. :rolly:

Thanks to the good Doctor for stepping up on this one...as has been said before, the Sim Manager job is probably best split between two people, at most. Any more than that, and coordination becomes a problem. Unless, of course, we had 2-3 people willing to do the job one month at a time.

Obviously, there's more to come on this situation. In the meantime, any interested parties should contact me via e-mail.

SensGod

Feb 27, 2002
Scotia Bank Place
Visit site
Dr.Sens(e) said:
And then there was one.

Sounds good...keep me posted.

My work goes from lax to busy to insane at a drop of a hat depending on projects/clients.

Project Management/Software development is a job to be avoided if you want steady work stress ;)

Keep me posted...I'm prepared to do what ever I can to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad