Pre-Game Talk: So You're Telling Us There's a Chance? (Jerks vs eh Game 4)

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
D.C.
Morning!

What were you guys up to last night? Was it any fun?

Nothing much for me....just having my soul ripped out of my chest.

ANYHOOOO!

As a noob I am humbly requesting that I may start the GDT for tomorrow. (I won't be offended if someone else wants to), but if there's one thing I have to offer this world -- outside of my insanely good rock paper scissors winning percentage -- it's my inexplicable optimism and hope in the face of stupidly bad odds :)

giphy.gif

(well unless they're good odds, then you can tell me :laugh:).

Last edited:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
We get at least one more game. We'll see what happens from there. I'm still in pretty good spirits about everything in spite of how it's gone so far. You never know what might happen. If they make it to game 6, I'll be down for it.

The fact that there is some experience in this series of 0-3 deficits being overcome is interesting.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Someone posted it in the game thread and I have to agree, either swap Bean for Fleury and let him try to improve the PP or maybe dress them both but for the love of God try something different.

bring out bean, score 4 pp goals a game, enhance the bruins are chokers narrative

I know it's frustrating to watch our power play, but isn't it a bit loopy to think a rookie defenseman who hasn't played a minute in the playoffs is somehow going to spark *anything*? I get that we're desperate, and that "anything is better than this," but as confident as Bean is, can you imagine being put into that position? If the Canes hang a jersey in the 20-year-old Bean's stall, and send him out to Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Final down 3-0, and tell him to run the first-unit power play, I think it would be a win if he came back to the bench having not soiled himself.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
I know it's frustrating to watch our power play, but isn't it a bit loopy to think a rookie defenseman who hasn't played a minute in the playoffs is somehow going to spark *anything*? I get that we're desperate, and that "anything is better than this," but as confident as Bean is, can you imagine being put into that position? If the Canes hang a jersey in the 20-year-old Bean's stall, and send him out to Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Final down 3-0, and tell him to run the first-unit power play, I think it would be a win if he came back to the bench having not soiled himself.

B's fan coming in peace. Krug played grand total two games in Spring of 2012 before being an emergency call-up for Bruins in 2013 playoffs. He scored 4 goals in his first 5 playoff games. You know your players better, but may not hurt to try.

hurricanesfan66

Dec 22, 2018
It IS loopy, and just the sort of thing that could work with this unique team. I was at the game, so I don't know what they said on TV, but to me, the only one who played hard, had some decent chances was Maenalanen. Pretty green guy as well, maybe so oblivious to the noise that he plays through it. And at the very least, we still lose but one of our future rookies, hopefully a PP QB, has a game experience.

Reactions: Unsustainable

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Can confirm. A family member left a bit early since they were dealing with a migraine issue and they saw someone that has been tossed for drunk/belligerent behavior from the game key an entire line of cars in the lot on the Edwards Mill rd side of the stadium.

It seemeth my idolization of NA sports being without this kind of BS is over.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Yeah definitely not without it. Though I haven't encountered it here since 06, it is super common in college sports.

I think we all know the only proper course of action is escalation if we win game 4, Molotov cocktails anyone? /sarcasm

As much as I am not proud of it, I think people in the region of Central Europe are much more ready for sport-related violence.

Not to mention what would happen to Bruins fans if they tried this sort of thing in Balkans.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
As much as I am not proud of it, I think people in the region of Central Europe are much more ready for sport-related violence.

Not to mention what would happen to Bruins fans if they tried this sort of thing in Balkans.
Yeah, and that seems more economic than anything to me just in how tickets are typically priced. I've never been but a few friends that have have told me that basically tickets for say a Red Star Belgrade game run about what your typical mid major NCAA basketball team would charge. Basically that fans of the game there would never put up with the price gouging that is rampant in North American pro sports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->