So, Whose Fault Was It?

goodluckchuck

Apr 22, 2012
starts with the Coach - who probably complains and whines about the refs in the locker room and that makes the player lose focus.

ubiquitous

*shink*
Aug 19, 2008
Prince George, BC
Gillis. Walking away from Ehrhoff was one of the worst decisions ever.

Although I realize the circumstances, it makes me really sad inside watching Grabner buzz around with the Isles as well. The Luongo situation was handled horribly and not actually going all in on the deadline hooped us as well. I was happy to get Roy, but he's not a proven playoff guy by any means and it showed. The Ballard situation was also awful, and hooray for burning a year off Corrado's ELC. Mind numbing poor asset management.

Coaching staff needs to be revamped and I wouldn't be stunned if the front office was let go as well.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Raymond score a goal, had an assist and was one of our best players tonight. :facepalm:

The other 3 games he was bad though.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Garrison was just a replacement for Salo, albeit an improvement, so not even close ot a major change, Roy was a good move but he didn't help us too much in this series either

It's not Gillis' fault. He tried to address the team's needs as best he could. He can't be faulted for Roy disappearing.

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011
The team. If they play like they did in the third period for one period in the other games, we would've had a chance to win.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Raymond score a goal, had an assist and was one of our best players tonight. :facepalm:

The other 3 games he was bad though.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
The best part was that I didn't give a **** this year. We'll win next year... probably not.

The 2013 Canucks sucked and oh my god were they boring to watch. Oh well we can enjoy this amazing weather instead of getting upset over why the Canucks are broken.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Why is Luongo an option and not the Sedins?

Luongo, Corrado, and Hansen are perhaps the only players who can hold their heads up high with how they played this series. The rest should be disgusted with each other.

Bure All Day

Mar 29, 2012
Vancouver
It's not Gillis' fault. He tried to address the team's needs as best he could. He can't be faulted for Roy disappearing.

If you look at who i voted for, i chose everyone, so I'm not singling him out....

**** the refs, **** us not scoring when we have open nets, **** schneider this series playing at such a lower level than all year, **** AV for everything in between

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
There were many factors. In an evenly reffed series, this series would normally go 6 or 7 games and is a pick-em. I don't think either was the over-whelming favorite to beat the other.

If you're asking why we lost the series, it's the PK, lack of offense, and we simply didn't get solid goaltending from Schneider. If you're asking why we lost tonight to make it a sweep, it was a personal vendetta by Sutherland.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I wouldn't be too harsh on the refs. That's playoff hockey.

Watching tonight's game I imagined my Oilers getting swept in the same fashion.

The coach (as brilliant as he is) is probably going to go. I bet you'll see a goalie a forward and a top 4 d-man shipped out.

I think any more change than that is pretty much impossible. But still, that's a lot of movement.

Which coach are you talking about? 'Cause it's certainly not ours.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Wings fan coming in peace.

I hate diving. Diving is the gameplan of the Sharks, it has been for several seasons now. It is a shame to hockey.
The Sharks are the team I hate most because of their diving.
I am very sorry you lost to them.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Wings fan coming in peace.

I hate diving. Diving is the gameplan of the Sharks, it has been for several seasons now. It is a shame to hockey.
The Sharks are the team I hate most because of their diving.
I am very sorry you lost to them.

Hey, I accept that every team dives (including mine) but the Sharks really took it to a new Oscar winning level this series.

I have actually never seen anything quite like it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad