So, Whose Fault Was It?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Game 4? The officials.

The first three games? Vigneault and his coaching staff (PP was a disaster), lack of effort and cohesion, best players we not playing like our best players - at least not consistently - and we generated very little in terms of offensive chances.

Dudeinator

Oct 6, 2009
The team just didn't match well with Sharks all season. Although I'm a bit surprised it went 0-4.

As a side note, I'm beginning to resent the way team management always gives preferential treatment to Schneider over Luongo. I firmly believe Luongo should've played this series.

stumper93

May 2, 2010
Iowa
Definitely AV with help from the refs. For the eight years that I've been a Canucks fan, I've never paid attention enough to coaching decisions, but I opened my eyes to these past four games. AV was horribly outcoached this postseason.

And of course, it saddens me knowing that this is probably the last time we see some players that played tonight in a Canucks uniform, including Luongo on the bench.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Officials for sure, Canucks probably still lose without the getting flagrantly screwed by the refs, but it sure didn't help any.

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
Gillis. The team choked in 2011 and choked again last season and Gillis didn't make any major changes to it this season.

TheLastSedin

Sep 18, 2010
Winnipeg, MB
The coaching staff's failure to adjust was pathetic. We couldn't break out the second the sharks gave us any fore-checking pressure. It was like watching the kings turn it over 2009/10, we laughed them out of the building.

Don't even want to start with the power-play.

Re-staff and Re-tool.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I wouldn't be too harsh on the refs. That's playoff hockey.

Watching tonight's game I imagined my Oilers getting swept in the same fashion.

The coach (as brilliant as he is) is probably going to go. I bet you'll see a goalie a forward and a top 4 d-man shipped out.

I think any more change than that is pretty much impossible. But still, that's a lot of movement.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
The offense will rightfully take the bulk of the blame, but you're not going to last long in a Western Conference playoff series when you allow 15 goals in 4 games and never allow fewer than 3.

The Canucks need much better than a 70% PK and a GA every 10 shots.

Canucks5551

Jun 1, 2005
Who voted for Luongo? He's probably dead last on my list of players who deserve the blame.

Hammer Time

May 3, 2011
Lack of discipline (which reflects badly on the coaching staff) and Bad Bieksa and Bad Edler showing up for most of the series.

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
I don't blame the D or goalies. With a healthy Tanev the D should be fine next year. The ability to hold a lead went downhill once Manny was gone. I hope Gaunce can fill that hole. Won't miss any UFAs. I like AV, but I also think he will be gone. I hope next year a number of rookies get a shot. I'd rather rebuild with vets still around than retool by adding vets from other teams at this point.

Prediction: Raymond will sign with another team, and all his haters here will be shocked how well he does in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->