Speculation: So who's the new Captain?

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
People were saying either Zuccarello or one of the kids down the road (maybe Anderssson)

But now it's looking like Zuccarello will be gone, and since he's come back, you get the sense that this thing may fall to Kreider.

We've had terrible luck with captains and I don't wanna ruin Kreider, but maybe that's just me being superstitious. On the other hand, I can't think of a Ranger who has responded better to pressure over the last several years, outside of the goaltender.

Reactions: haveandare

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I don't want to give it to a guy who's leaving in a year, 2, or less. Regarding CK, I don't know that I'd want him being captain. I think I want somebody a little more vocal (but maybe he's a lot more vocal than we see). I also rather not toss the pressure of being captain on somebody so young, or new to the team. My vote would go with sharing responsibilities and less about 1 man right now.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
People were saying either Zuccarello or one of the kids down the road (maybe Anderssson)

But now it's looking like Zuccarello will be gone, and since he's come back, you get the sense that this thing may fall to Kreider.

We've had terrible luck with captains and I don't wanna ruin Kreider, but maybe that's just me being superstitious. On the other hand, I can't think of a Ranger who has responded better to pressure over the last several years, outside of the goaltender.

It's interesting, because I was giving some thought to this recently and Kreider's name popped into my head.

My first reaction is that they're going to have it rotate for a while and see if a clear-cut choice emerges. But I can't say I would be shocked if Kreider was a name being batted around.

mrmel329

Feb 28, 2013
If he's not traded and he shouldn't be Kreids should be the next ranger captain. Kid is a leader

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If Brooks is to be believed it will be someone outside of the current Rangers roster.

I think it'll be one of the kids from the new wave whether its Andersson, Howden, Lindgren, someone they draft this year, etc.

Either way just keep it open until someone earns it. If the rumors of MSL being brought in as an assistant for the next guy are true, theres not reason to fill that hole right away - He'll command the room as well as any player can.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
If Brooks is to be believed it will be someone outside of the current Rangers roster.

I think it'll be one of the kids from the new wave whether its Andersson, Howden, Lindgren, someone they draft this year, etc.

Either way just keep it open until someone earns it. If the rumors of MSL being brought in as an assistant for the next guy are true, theres not reason to fill that hole right away - He'll command the room as well as any player can.
I haven't heard these MSL rumors, good source?

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Kreider is everything you want in a captain. He leads with his hustle on the ice, is a vocal leader and has a new lease on hockey life after a career threatening experience.

mrmel329

Feb 28, 2013
Kreider is everything you want in a captain. He leads with his hustle on the ice, is a vocal leader and has a new lease on hockey life after a career threatening experience.

And he protects his teammates. Once he enters the scrum no one on other team wants to mess with him and situation calms down pretty fast. His teammates look up to him. The team went to pieces when he went out

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
And he protects his teammates. Once he enters the scrum no one on other team wants to mess with him and situation calms down pretty fast. His teammates look up to him. The team went to pieces when he went out

Just so we are clear, you are aware of the drastic roster changes at the trade deadline and an official letter sent out by RangersTown™️ Saying something along the lines of ”omg this boosted ass Garbo noob team is going to delete the game and start a new account!”

This isn’t a knock against CK, but your cause and effect of the Rangers overall success, playstyle, and compete level from mid February until today seems a bit off.

mrmel329

Feb 28, 2013
New York Rangers‏Verified account @NYRangers 2h2 hours ago
More
The New York Chapter of the PHWA announced today that #NYR forward Chris Kreider has been selected as the team’s nominee for the Bill Masterton Trophy, awarded annually to the NHL player who “best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey.”
DZTOE3CVwAAKno0.jpg

NEXT RANGER CAPTAIN!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->