So who's in?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
if these are our top 6, good luck at #7 guy getting in any games unless the Oz kid falters.
  • Rielly
  • Gardiner
  • Hainsey
  • Zaitsev
  • Dermott
  • OZ

For some reason Babcock likes that big slow Ozhiganov.

He’s either going to do something and the fans will love him or he’s going to be the whipping boy if Babcock keeps running him out there.

I hope I’m wrong, but I think he might be a worse the Polak.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
For some reason Babcock likes that big slow Ozhiganov.

He’s either going to do something and the fans will love him or he’s going to be the whipping boy if Babcock keeps running him out there.

I hope I’m wrong, but I think he might be a worse the Polak.
To be fair, who else looks better this camp? As far as I'm concerned, besides the two drafted kids, all these others have been a total disappointment. Holl makes a good play, then a boneheaded one, Rosen stinks down low, Carrick fighting for his life in a coma apparently, Borgman fell off, Marincin is a joke, where's the better D than Oz? He's out there in a trade and this camp is a wake up call about all this supposed depth with have, they call it the "minors" for a reason.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
With my hope that Nylander signs before the season i would say the roster is:

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
Leivo-Kadri-Brown
Johnsson-Lindholm-Kapanen
Ennis-Gauthier

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Ozhiganov
Holl

Andersen-Mcelhienny

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
To be fair, who else looks better this camp? As far as I'm concerned, besides the two drafted kids, all these others have been a total disappointment. Holl makes a good play, then a boneheaded one, Rosen stinks down low, Carrick fighting for his life in a coma apparently, Borgman fell off, Marincin is a joke, where's the better D than Oz? He's out there in a trade and this camp is a wake up call about all this supposed depth with have, they call it the "minors" for a reason.

I keep my eyes soley on Ozhiganov for a few shifts against MTL and Detroit and he’s aggressively bad. For some reason he made me think of Fraser McLaren

Hopefull he’ll be OK.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I keep my eyes soley on Ozhiganov for a few shifts against MTL and Detroit and he’s aggressively bad. For some reason he made me think of Fraser McLaren

Hopefull he’ll be OK.
Yes, it was up and down for sure. Unfortunately we have no embarrassment of riches back there. I think this camp may have shifted our D outlook, if Zaitsev doesn't rebound we're in BIG trouble. Hainsey is a wildcard this year too. There is no immediate help coming from within that's for sure....

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Waivers and trades...any time now...
I want to see if they sneak Mac through and keep Sparks up. There are already a few goalies being sent through like Montoya and Tokarski. Then they can call mac up without waivers for 9 games. Maybe Sparks can find his game and you still have him up if Mac stumbles.

The Player Has Recently Been Exposed to Waivers
If a player cleared waivers and is subsequently recalled during the same year, he does not have to clear waivers again unless he has either played 10 or more NHL games or has spent 30 or more days on an NHL roster since last clearing. Otherwise, he will have to re-clear waivers to be assigned.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
I think the line-ups are pretty much a given about now. That is until they trade Nylander and Carrick to Carolina. o_O:facepalm:

When it comes to goalies, I just want the best talent out there. I don't care about wins, losses, goals-against, save percentage. All of that can be an indication of being on a good team. How many goalies did Toronto bring in from teams that knew how to play defense? They came to Toronto and floundered. There are goalies who become part of a defensive system that can do really good. Then there are goalies that can do it themselves. I think Chris Osgood could shut the door down on the limited scope of problems he saw. Dominik Hasek could bail a whole boat load of problems on his own. I honestly believe Raycroft could of been a decent 1/2 with Chris Osgood on Detroit. :dunno: But he wasn't the guy for Toronto. Toronto needed, and perhaps still does, need a Dominik Hasek or a Grant Fuhr type goalie. Which goalie to use? The one that's the most athletic, the one that's show the most ability to bail out problems. ;) Forget who's looked good playing behind a defense regiment that the Leafs are no where close to having.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Ennis is 13th forward once Nylander signs. Carrick and probably Rosen as the 7th and 8th D. Oz is #6 and I'm pretty happy with that. McBackup stays, Sparks on waivers. I don't care that Sparks is younger, McBackup has the NHL track record and doesn't get pushed out until his play actually declines. Backup goalies are dirt cheap, so we just pay the fourth or whatever for a new one if we need to.

Carrick gets traded if there's a waiver player that we want to claim.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Kapanen-Kadri-Ennis
Leivo-Lindholm-Brown
Goat

Reilly-Zaitsev
Gardiner-Hainsey
Dermott-Oz
Holl

Anderson
McElhiney

Goat, Carrick, Holl, Rosen, Borgman and Johnsson are all decided based on waiver eligibility. Johnsson, Rosen, and Borgman are pretty much victims of not needing waivers.

If Carrick is waived/traded then Johnsson stays up.

If Carrick is kept then Johnsson goes down to the Marlies and is first call up. I'd prefer this, as there is no point keeping Johnsson in the press box.

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
The eyetest and the few stats I've seen suggest that Carrick has beaten out Holl and Rosen for the #7 D spot.

Marleau - Matthews - Ennis(Nylander)
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Levio - Kadri - Brown
Johnson(Ennis) - Lindholm - Kapanen
Gauthier(Johnson)

Rielly - Zietsev!
Gardiner - Hainsey
Dermott - OZ
Carrick

Andersen
McBackup
Sparks
Agree with Zaitsev on top paring... he's looked by far our best RHD. Hainsey has looked awful, he should not start on top pairing as most list him.

Falon

May 21, 2004
Kitchener, Ontario
Zaitsev has been great in camp. Not for nothing but he finished with a +8, highest on the team. I'd keep Pickard, Carrick and Leivo as the extra forwards. Drop Sparks and McBackup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad