HF Habs: So who would you like Habs to draft @ 15?

So which would you draft at 15?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So we shouldn't draft a player based on our current coach's taste.

Makes total sense on account of the time it takes for most players to develop from the time they're drafted to the time they're ready to be NHLers.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
If your opinion isn't done yet, watch the Q Finals and you'll see what Raphael Lavoie is all about. Would be neat to see him in the Mem Cup as well.

I don't mind Lavoie but if we must pick from the Q, my first choice would be Poulin.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Caufield
Newhook
Lavoie

Caulfield - I mean maybe Hughes increased his goal totals, but that kid can score goals and you win games by scoring.

Newhook - seen highlights and read reports he did well at the U-18s. Another centre prospect.

Lavoie - scores goals and has size. Still need size in this day and age. Right handed shot. Feels to be a prospects that checks boxes for a need rather than BPA.

Could also be a faller. From reports 3-12, or 15( can't remember which) has a lot of people still up in the air for who they like, but unfortunately I think Dach goes too high for us to be able to trade up to get. Byram definitely goes high, too.

People seem weary of Cozens.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Adding Harley(LHD), Tomasino(RHC) & Heinola(LHD) to my previous picks M.Robertson(LHD) & Newhook(LHC), Caulfield & York smaller but both very talented. Habs should try trading to get Edmonton's 8th OV pick in a strong top ten, Habs can afford to wait for these prospects to develop, Edmonton is in win now mode with McDavid et al.

UVMCats

Feb 16, 2019
Sadly this is true. I used to coach AA, peewee through bantam and some parents just killed the joy of coaching for me.

Oh absolutely. He did play High school division 1 this year and i found the parents in the RSEQ to be much better. Maybe a coincidence

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
Lavoie isn't my first choice but he does check off a lot of boxes for Montreal. If he has a great Memorial cup he could jump a few spots.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Lavoienis a PLD type? Jeez thats wrong.

He probably means a first round pick that is from the Q and likely the best Quebequois there is in that draft

.. and I mean look at the Media backlash everytime the Habs pass over un ptit gars dchez nous

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
That and he’s from our own backyard. He’s a PLD type that Bergevin covets. Adds a young, local boy who fills a hole we need and appeases French media and fans alike.

Why wouldn’t he draft him is a better question.
Drafting someone because they are local is a recipe for disaster, better to go for BPA.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Is Lavoie really fast? Since he is lanky I have my doubts
He has a pretty powerful stride and can get good speed in open ice. I think there is still some polishing left in his game and next year he could really excel in a key role for Mooseheads. Might be better available at 15 but he could be a real good pick and a good fit on a team like Carolina/Colorado/Ottawa in the 20's.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
Power forward? Jeez youve watched him alot.

Poulin is a lot more Dubois than Lavoie.

Yeah, I agree.
I like Lavoie but if you're looking for a power forward or a PLD kind of player, you're going to be disappointed.

Poulin is more this kind of player. Quickness is my concern with Peut I really like his all-around game and his IQ. However, I think that other better prospects are going to be available.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Power forward? Jeez youve watched him alot.

Poulin is a lot more Dubois than Lavoie.

But I’m not taking about Poulin am I. And your counter point to what i said isn’t actually refuting it, it’s whataboutism. The last refuge for people who don’t actually have anything useful to say.

Apeironic

Jan 10, 2019
Why are we always talking about Lavoie? I hate the nepotism that is so pervasive in this organization. He is not close to BPA for our position-- why? Add to that a largely inflated point total from empty nets and the answer is avoid him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad