So... who will be fired after the season?

So... who will it be?

• Total voters

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
No chance. Assistants will be gone before him and then he'll get another year.
This would be fine since many of the issues arise from things his assistants are responsible for. Though there are also many that fall on Babcock's head.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Many good teams with a high degree of skill & depth have struggled this year who could look at coaching changes due to underachieving to varying degrees (if they lose early in the playoffs or fail to reach them):

- Preds
- Jets
- Leafs
- Vegas
- Stars

Not meant as a comprehensive list, just off the top of my head.

Sharks have 1 win in their past 8 games going into the playoffs

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
No chance. Assistants will be gone before him and then he'll get another year.

This too. Smith is the obvious guy to go if they do go that route. Either way, I don’t think Dubas will leave things intact if they implode against the Bruins.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
This too. Smith is the obvious guy to go if they do go that route. Either way, I don’t think Dubas will leave things intact if they implode against the Bruins.

They've been imploding since December lol. .500 pace since Jan 1st. I'll take not getting swept at this point.

Reactions: BHD

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Personally I think it will be from a team that gets knocked out of the 1st round that gets the axe maybe Housley, but yea, a team that has high hopes but goes out early that gets fired.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
What is not performing?

1st round exit in a sweep or 5 games. If they just look slow and lazy for those games and dont seem to put much effort in.

I dont see it happening, but wouldn't be surprised if it somehow did and it resulted with him fired. Especially since there is already tension with Dubas and Babs.

Last edited:

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
1st round exit in a sweep or 4 games. If they just look slow and lazy for those games and dont seem to put much effort in.

I dont see it happening, but wouldn't be surprised if it somehow did and it resulted with him fired. Especially since there is already tension with Dubas and Babs.

Totally manufactured.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Green won’t be fired and probablt shouldn’t be. Only way I see it happening is if the Canucks fire Benning and bring in a guy like Holland who could recruit a big name like coach Q.

Not saying that this would be the smart thing to do, but it’s something I would put past our ownership.

I could see Benning staying and bringing in a big name name coach as well (if one would actually come), as Benning might see it as his last season to make the playoffs before getting canned himself, and Aquaman might see it as a rare opportunity to get one of those names. I can't see Green fired without an immediate big name replacement though

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Marc Bergevin had a fantastic season.

Domi trade - big win
Pacioretty trade - big win
2018 draft - big win (starting with KK instead of Zadina)
Depth moves near TDL - Pretty helpful (super low cost)

I'm not saying Bergevin has this impeccable track record and is the best GM ever. He isn't. But this has been a very successful calendar year for him. If they didn't fire him last off-season, I don't see why they would this year.

How about the 2017 summer aka "The Worst Summer In The History Of The Habs", tho?

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I could see the Panthers maybe making a run at Vigneault or Q if they get rid of Boughner, but Im not sure that happens. I think they will upgrade the roster, and go with Bob to start the season. If they start off slow again, then we will most likely see a change.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Green won’t be fired. He was brought in to develop youth and that’s exactly what he’s done. No coach could get more out of the mediocre veterans on the team.
But the guy who brought in those mediocre vets (Benning) will likely be fired.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
He didn't get fired after that, so why fire him when he actually had a really good year?

I wouldn't fire him this year, he earned himself some slack, but this year doesn't excuse the f***eries he did the year before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad