So... who will be fired after the season?

So... who will it be?

• Total voters

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Coaches are usually fired within the first day (or minute) following a disappointing season. This poll is for the guys who have been working with a guillotine over their head throughout the season. Others such as Marc Crawford (Ottawa), Willie Desjardins (Los Angeles), and Scott Gordon (Philadelphia) are exempt due to them holding an interim tag. Also, I thought about adding Mike Babcock (Toronto) and Peter DeBoer (San Jose), but those would have to wait until after the playoffs. It sounds outlandish, but I can see a scenario where they lose they lose their job.

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Desjardins is very likely gone IMO. Gordon might be forced out as well by a bigger name (*cough* Q *cough*) but probably won’t be unemployed long.

Of the options available, voted Green.

Reactions: Bluesish

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Bergevin?

Marc Bergevin had a fantastic season.

Domi trade - big win
Pacioretty trade - big win
2018 draft - big win (starting with KK instead of Zadina)
Depth moves near TDL - Pretty helpful (super low cost)

I'm not saying Bergevin has this impeccable track record and is the best GM ever. He isn't. But this has been a very successful calendar year for him. If they didn't fire him last off-season, I don't see why they would this year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think Fenton would like to fire Boudreau, but the fans would probably riot, and it's unlikely that Leipold will go along with it, either. Injuries, and trades have crippled the Wild's ability to play well. No one is blaming BB at this point. Some are starting to be less than impressed with Fenton.

If i had to pick someone it would be Housley. You want to be finishing the season as a young team on an upswing, hoping to carry it on the next year. They have done anything but. Still don't know if even more changes are the right thing for them, though.

Reactions: BHD

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Green won’t be fired and probablt shouldn’t be. Only way I see it happening is if the Canucks fire Benning and bring in a guy like Holland who could recruit a big name like coach Q.

Not saying that this would be the smart thing to do, but it’s something I would put past our ownership.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Going to sound weird but if the Leafs get knocked out again in the 1st round, and if the series isn't at least VERY competitive I can see the seat under Babcock growing very warm, very fast.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Jets and Preds have struggled to play good hockey consistently this year. Laviolette and Maurice should not be outside the realm of possibility if either team fails to snap out of it in time for the playoffs.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Marc Bergevin had a fantastic season.

Domi trade - big win
Pacioretty trade - big win
2018 draft - big win (starting with KK instead of Zadina)
Depth moves near TDL - Pretty helpful (super low cost)

I'm not saying Bergevin has this impeccable track record and is the best GM ever. He isn't. But this has been a very successful calendar year for him. If they didn't fire him last off-season, I don't see why they would this year.
they're not gonna like this

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Many good teams with a high degree of skill & depth have struggled this year who could look at coaching changes due to underachieving to varying degrees (if they lose early in the playoffs or fail to reach them):

- Preds
- Jets
- Leafs
- Vegas
- Stars
- Sharks

Not meant as a comprehensive list, just off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad