So who is the next big talent after Bokk, Seider, Stützle?

KahunWOW

Apr 14, 2006
Germany
Following Bokk, Seider and Stützle through these years made a ton of fun and hopefully gets even better. But who is out there after this great wave?

I am a little lost at who to follow in the DNL or maybe even overseas.

edit: Oh I see Maverick41 has a nice rating system of prospects. Missed it...
2004 born Julian Lutz looks promising just going by stats and facts. 182cm already and top scorer last season for Salzburg U18.

Last edited:
Reactions: Casanova

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I haven't watch a lot of them, but the next wave I am looking at are...

- Maximilian Glotzl, D (Wasn't drafted in 2020, but might be due to lack of expose instead of lack of talent.)
- Roman Kechter, F (Plays in Sweden with Rogle BK)
- Julian Lutz, F (Plays in AplsHL for Red Bull)
- Simon Wolf, G (Plays for Red Bull Academy)

Perhaps another poster can delve into the details and if any of them have NHL potential as good as Stutzle, Bokk, or others.

Last edited:

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Glötzl is very meh. Not an NHL talent.

The 03 class is very weak as a whole. I’d say Proske and Hanelt are the top guys here.

04 will be stronger again, with guys like Lutz, Kechter, Hauf, Hafenrichter, Polok. No idea how many of them actually have NHL talent or if/where they can get drafted though.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
04 looks right now like a poor man's 02. There is decent depths with a number of good young talents that could have solid DEL careers and even become regular national team players. And while I really like the big 3 of 04 (Kechter, Lutz and Hauf) they are not on the same level as Stützle, Reichel and Peterka. But they are close enough to maybe get to the Reichel/Peterka level.

Still not really sure what to make of the 05 and 06 age groups. I have a few players on my radar, but nobody is really jumping out yet, so I don't see any new Draisaitls or Stützles on the horizon for the next 2-4 years.

I don't think the 03 class is any good, but there are a few decent players who could become solid pro players, but probably won't ever really get close to the NHL. @pgfan66 already mentioned Hänelt and Proske. I would add Bennet Roßmy, Sebastian Cimmerman, Robin van Calster, Connor Korte, Niko and Thomas Heigl as noteworthy players. Hänelt is my number 1 guy from this class and I have Roßmy at 2, right now, but it is close with Proske and the others I listed.

I will probably post my first rankings of the season in the prospect thread sometime in November.

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
I wonder if Covid and the lack of exposure will hurt non-north American talents. Especially Germany since our leagues were shut down the longest iirc

Kleefeld

Feb 21, 2018
Is Bokk even considered a real talent? I would be surprised if we ever see him play in the NHL tbh.
Also Reichel and Peterka may not make it. The level at the WJC is very different to the NHL.

Stützle also never dominated in the DEL like he just did.

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
I think Bokk will take a longer road but he’ll eventually make it. But more in the solid 3rd liner department. Peterka and Reichel are pretty solid bets imo.

A lot of German players seem to be late bloomers for some reason. We have quite a lot of undrafted players in fringe NHL roles right now.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011

What do you expect from a 17 year old kid against full grown man? He was physically inferior to most players last year.
You see he worked alot on body strength during summer. Hes on another level now.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Is Bokk even considered a real talent? I would be surprised if we ever see him play in the NHL tbh.
Also Reichel and Peterka may not make it. The level at the WJC is very different to the NHL.

Stützle has dominated every level he's ever played at, including the DEL. 0.83 points per game as a 17 year old on the best team in the league, where he also quarterbacked the first PP unit. How much more can you expect from a 17 year old?

Between Reichel and Peterka, I'm much more confident in JJ. Reichel kind of came out of nowhere (which can also be a good sign because he could just be a late bloomer taking big strides now) and never displayed elite abilities until he suddenly became an important player on Berlin's DEL team. Anyway, I like both their chances.

The only one I fully agree on is Bokk. A big part of that seems to be work ethic and character. I saw it myself when I watched him in the DNL way back when, where he got super pissed off at teammates when they made a mistake, skated slowly back to the bench, yelled at teammates, etc. Just looked like a guy who'd never had to work hard because of his talent. Through people I know in the WHL, I also heard that St. Louis really didn't like him in his first camp (clearly that didn't change later on, or else they might not have traded him). Then Växjö also didn't like his work ethic, which is why he was benched a bunch of times despite producing in the SHL and even sent down to U20 for a game. This wasn't because he wasn't good enough. Finally, he went to Rögle, where he did worse than in Växjö and also only stayed for a year, and this season he's barely producing any points anymore. He can obviously play in a European top league but I absolutely do not see him succeeding in the NHL.

I think Bokk will take a longer road but he’ll eventually make it. But more in the solid 3rd liner department. Peterka and Reichel are pretty solid bets imo.

A lot of German players seem to be late bloomers for some reason. We have quite a lot of undrafted players in fringe NHL roles right now.

I don't think it's about him being a late bloomer. See above.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Been keeping an eye on a 12 year old who played in Germany’s u-15 league this year who isn’t eligible for the NHL draft until 2027.

Massimo Rendina

Definitely a player to keep an eye on in the future.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad