So Who Is Bummed About The Lockout III ---> Season likely to start on Jan. 19th

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
:laugh: You don't want us to watch us manhandle Eddy's Hall, Schultz, RNH, etc.?

Have no interest in more 9PM starts outside of the typical West Coast trips, that will more or less include most of the Wild's current division. If and hopefully when they get out of it, that is.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Have no interest in more 9PM starts outside of the typical West Coast trips, that will more or less include most of the Wild's current division. If and hopefully when they get out of it, that is.

I hear ya. 10pm starts for me suck. Aw well, been doing it the last ten years. I get your point - I am a little selfish right now, I have watched every Aeros/Barons game, read the THN and the forums here, so I'd like to see how the next few years play out between us and Eddy.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Theres been what...3 pages of this entire thread that have been used for post lockout related posts...boy the lockout must have really killed some fans on the MN boards here. I mean I was almost as excited at 5am upon reading the LO was over as when we signed Zach and Ryan. ( yeah, were on first name basis :naughty:)

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Hoooooray! Hockey is back.

g60018g6865.gif

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
I know I've been in hibernation, I completely shut it down during lockouts because it pisses me off to talk about hockey when there's no season. Ah how Ive missed the trolling, hilarious GDT's, jimmy shep, and this damn team. Great to be back. This season will be Legen....wait for it, dary!

Billy Mays Here*

Russo says Bouchard unlikely to be ready for start of season. What does this mean? Zucker on the 2nd line baby!!! Woo-hoo!!! :vhappy:

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Russo says Bouchard unlikely to be ready for start of season. What does this mean? Zucker on the 2nd line baby!!! Woo-hoo!!! :vhappy:

Bouchard was penciled into the 3rd line though.

Original line combos were:

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Cullen-Granlund-Setoguchi
Bouchard-Brodziak-Clutterbuck
Mitchell-Konopka-Powe

With Butcher out, I think Mitchell gets bumped up a line and we get either Veilleux or Palmieri to fill his spot on the 4th. Kassian is also a possibility.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Mitchell-Konopka-Powe

With Butcher out, I think Mitchell gets bumped up a line and we get either Veilleux or Palmieri to fill his spot on the 4th. Kassian is also a possibility.

Don't forget Dowell. Believe he's on a one-way for this year and next.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Don't forget Dowell. Believe he's on a one-way for this year and next.

Didn't forget him, but who does he replace? Can't see him bumping Mitchell or Powe out of the roster. Konopka might be a possibility, but we need his FO% and he's willing to drop the gloves, which is a bonus. I hope the staff hasn't forgotten Veilleux' play from last year. He's bat**** insane, but in a good way.

I still feel that Clutter will be traded. We have plenty of guys who can fill his spot in the 3rd line, great bottom-6 depth and we could get a good return, too.

Billy Mays Here*

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Mitchell-Konopka-Powe

We have to sign Palmieri first. Signing him puts us at the max contract limit of 50 so I wouldn't be surprised if we see a trade coming or an amnesty buy-out used on one of the lower tier players to free up a contract or two.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
with all the rust that might have to be shaken off the team a Veillieux and his energy might come in handy the first part of this season. I mean, he made Yeo laugh for godsake.

Billy Mays Here*

with all the rust that might have to be shaken off the team a Veillieux and his energy might come in handy the first part of this season. I mean, he made Yeo laugh for godsake.

But. . . . but. . . . . he doesn't use deodorant.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Didn't forget him, but who does he replace? Can't see him bumping Mitchell or Powe out of the roster. Konopka might be a possibility, but we need his FO% and he's willing to drop the gloves, which is a bonus. I hope the staff hasn't forgotten Veilleux' play from last year. He's bat**** insane, but in a good way.

I still feel that Clutter will be traded. We have plenty of guys who can fill his spot in the 3rd line, great bottom-6 depth and we could get a good return, too.

Don't think he necessarily replaces anyone but can see him on the 4th line.

As for Clutter, I think he will be really effective in a short season. His style of play wears down the body but due to the off-season, he should be in prime shape to be a hitting machine. If he starts trying to think he's an offensive player like last year, then, I agree that he with considering trading him. I know I am in the minority regarding Clutterbuck but I think that Yeo's system needs his forechecking/physical ability.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Don't think he necessarily replaces anyone but can see him on the 4th line.

As for Clutter, I think he will be really effective in a short season. His style of play wears down the body but due to the off-season, he should be in prime shape to be a hitting machine. If he starts trying to think he's an offensive player like last year, then, I agree that he with considering trading him. I know I am in the minority regarding Clutterbuck but I think that Yeo's system needs his forechecking/physical ability.

Don't get me wrong, I love Clutterbuck's style of play as much as anyone. However, is he too valuable to keep? I mean, we have players who can replace him now, and I feel that GMCF can get a decent return from him as well. I'm talking a legit 2nd-pairing DD.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Good grief! Boycott...boycott....boycott!

If my family boycotted a few games, it'd be borderline irresponsible considering the money we'd be losing. The tickets were paid for a long time ago. Concessions will be free thanks to the Wild. And the money for parking goes to a different company since we park a mile away!

Pay me for my tickets, and we'll talk about boycotting. Hint: it won't be cheap.

Boycott THIS!

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
If Butch isn't ready, then he needs to retire NOW! How big of a neon sign does a person need to realize how serious his concussion problems are? When it takes a year or more (two separate times) to get over concussions, then maybe you should be concerned about what might happen should you get a 3rd one. Start thinking about your own quality of life away from the game. Seriously!

Tartan

Sweet Dreams
Dec 19, 2011
Saint Paul
Stupid Question: The news said that some players will start practicing at the X tomorrow, where could I get a peak at the players? Like from the outside, where they're coming in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->