So who are you cheering for now?

So who are you cheering for now?

• Total voters

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Sat down to watch the Nucks game with the fam... Ended up watching a good chunk of the 1st and 3rd.

So, of the teams left - I've failed to get engaged by any of the western teams...

Out East, nobody really jumps out - maybe I can get behind cheering for the Big Rig? I mean by default I'll cheer for anyone playing against Boston, so I guess that makes Tampa my horse? Philly was my pick to go to the finals, but I don't really feel it watching them...

Honestly, I feel so cheated by the lack of effort and cohesion we put on the ice, I never really got invested with the playoffs this year... It just feels so odd, now that the novelty of hockey wore off to be watching anything any more. And I was so excited to get hockey back too, which makes it all the more shocking.

SaintLouHaintBlue

Have another donut
Feb 22, 2014
Michigan
Holy moly i never realized how uninspiring the list of other teams to choose from is.. I would actually have to choose Tampa.. and maybe Vegas?
I don't know if I really want Vegas to win, but if they were to win - this seems like it would be the tournament to do it in.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I’m rooting for Tampa just for Patty, and they’re just really fun to watch.

I also really enjoy watching Vegas, but I cannot STAND Pete DeBoer, or their fan base in general. Living on the west coast and being a Kings STH this year, they’re Nashville 2.0.

Colorado, Dallas, Boston, Philly, and the Isles can also get f***ed.

Mar 6, 2012
I like first time winners... so I think I'm rooting for the Canucks... which feels weird because like a decade ago I hated that team like you wouldn't believe... but meh... it's a fun group of players, a good city and they've never won.

After that... uh, the Islanders or Philly I guess? I wouldn't mind seeing Shatty and Maroon win one. Still don't want to see the Knights win so early in their existence... can't root for Dallas or Colorado... still don't want the Bruins...

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I like first time winners... so I think I'm rooting for the Canucks... which feels weird because like a decade ago I hated that team like you wouldn't believe... but meh... it's a fun group of players, a good city and they've never won.

After that... uh, the Islanders or Philly I guess? I wouldn't mind seeing Shatty and Maroon win one. Still don't want to see the Knights win so early in their existence... can't root for Dallas or Colorado... still don't want the Bruins...

With you on the Knights, the fans won't be able to appreciate a Championship until they suffer. A lot.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Vegas cuz Reaves. Also their fans feel the same about the Sharks as I do. Also am cool with Tampa Bay.

Wouldn't hate the Islanders. The chaos from Toronto would be fun.

Absolutely not the Bruins and I really don't like the overwhelming majority of the Canuck fanbase (although the team is cool)

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
if the bubble gets shut down, we are still the defending champions going into next year
i would probably prefer TB if I had to pick a team

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
When it comes to the west I’ve never had “another team” to root for after the Blues get knocked out. The East I’ve rooted for Tampa in recent years because they’ve had so many top teams that have come really close but haven’t won it.

It would help knowing the Blues got beat by a team that went on to win it all. Although Vancouver is winning because of amazing goaltending and the PP/5-6 players.
To have Markstrom stand on his head against the Blues, then for him to get tired from too many games. So they throw in some backup kid with no experience and he’s let up 1 goal in 2 games (both elimination games)!! Oh and Vegas had 43 and 48 shots in those 2 games. Compared to around less than half of shots for....sound familiar?

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Islanders because they are the team I least dislike. Tampa probably follows them, along with the Flyers. Although I am not a huge fan of Philly fans.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Islanders because they are the team I least dislike. Tampa probably follows them, along with the Flyers. Although I am not a huge fan of Philly fans.
The Islanders have always been such a meh team to me. Not very exciting to watch and they do have clutterbuck. Pretty crazy they haven’t advanced to the 3rd round since 93! Did not know that until recently

I’ve always liked Philly’s physical style and they helped us out by taking Lehtera and sending a Scheen in his prime. Oh and the moose is still there

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
The Islanders have always been such a meh team to me. Not very exciting to watch and they do have clutterbuck. Pretty crazy they haven’t advanced to the 3rd round since 93! Did not know that until recently

I’ve always liked Philly’s physical style and they helped us out by taking Lehtera and sending a Scheen in his prime. Oh and the moose is still there
I think I dislike the islanders the least because there isn’t much to like or dislike. They are kind of blah, but they are also a big underdog which is somewhat interesting.

I do generally like Philly as a team.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Demko was 3 minutes short of back to back shutouts after letting up 1 goal in his playoff debut. Problem is his team didn’t score any goals for him

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
After we lost to Canucks I cheered for them. Not they are out. Call me crazy, but Stars vet's deserve something. Good thing was Avs didn't win, everybody's favorite team nowadays and looks like their fans are quite arrogants.

Overally if I compare teams, Tampa does look more balanced and easy pick for Champ. Their bit pricey additions Goodrow and Coleman looks likey were right moves. Even that Bogosian looks good in that team.

I feel sad Shattery is in Tampa. I would take him 100/100 times vs. Faulk.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->