So... who are we collectively rooting for Wednesday night?

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Tampa is too talented to want to play them. Hasn't always come together as much in this series but they are the better team who would have home ice on us. Give me the Caps, not much of a question.

Reactions: Vegas Mac

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Tampa is too talented to want to play them. Hasn't always come together as much in this series but they are the better team who would have home ice on us. Give me the Caps, not much of a question.

The Caps have the X factor in Ovi. Tampa has nobody playing as well as he is now. They just look lazy to me, almost like they take periods off at a time.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I’d be absolutely frantic as a Bolts fan right now. So much talent and so many chances and no finish, no execution. Holtby is begging to be beaten and they can’t buy a goal.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Says more about their competition than it does for them. They RARELY play 60 minutes. They seem to think they have all this talent & they don't have to work hard. Will work to the Knights advantage if they play that way in the Finals.

You that confident a team doesn't bring 100% to any Finals game? There are no easy opponents at this point but I'm sticking with avoiding teams with high ceilings if we can.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
You that confident a team doesn't bring 100% to any Finals game? There are no easy opponents at this point but I'm sticking with avoiding teams with high ceilings if we can.

Agreed, neither team is an easy opponent & I never said Tampa would be. But they didn't even bring it in Game 7 of the ECFs, nor have they scored a goal in over 2 full games.

Am I confident of anything, no...but I've watched hockey for a LONG time & Tampa showed me nothing in these playoffs to convince me they were good enough to win a cup. Which is why I preferred to play them in the Finals.

Reactions: Supermassive

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Caps are getting some bounces and Tampa is letting way too much get behind them in trying to get back in this. Hard to read a lot into this one, Tampa seems to create more chances in normal sets and their 3rd and 4th line can really match ours. I think if we have shutdown mindset against Ovi line and learn a little from what Scheifele did to us I like our matchup with Caps. If we can get some quality 4th line work to neutralize dangerous lines like we did against the Jets I really like our chances.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Caps are getting some bounces and Tampa is letting way too much get behind them in trying to get back in this. Hard to read a lot into this one, Tampa seems to create more chances in normal sets and their 3rd and 4th line can really match ours. I think if we have shutdown mindset against Ovi line and learn a little from what Scheifele did to us I like our matchup with Caps. If we can get some quality 4th line work to neutralize dangerous lines like we did against the Jets I really like our chances.

I agree with all of this, but I was not judging Tampa on just this game. They haven't been impressive since before the deadline, IMO.

If the Caps hold on, it's gonna be a great match up. I still like our chances.

Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah Tampa was probably the most inconsistent team of those that finished top 5 in the league in the second half. I don't include Vegas because we spent the whole second half cycling through various key injuries.

Reactions: Supermassive

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
This is a nice storyline...

1. Two teams who have never won the cup.
2. McPhee was the GM for 17 years in Washington, revenge factor would be sweet.
3. Ovie's struggles in the playoffs over the years and all the flak that dude's gotten, to win it all for him would be something.
4. Vegas' storyline of course on top of all that.

Really intriguing matchup and one that will do very, very well on national broadcast I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad