So, When Does Larkin get named Captain?

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I hope the Wings provide behind scenes footage too.

Edit: And I hope they lean into the whole, "Why has it taken so long?" angle for some humor. We need some fun humor.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
If the captaincy is so important that you want to wait to give it to the right guy... then it's too important not to have a captain.
Larkin should be the captain. Hand it over.
God.
We've beat this into the ground so badly I almost don't want a captain now.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Yzerman said that he wants to know better team before naming the Capitan. He is going to give before this season starts. If Larkin isn't Capitan it's mean Yzerman shopping him around

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
Was this supposed to be a prank on Bergeron? Like, they even sewed a C on Marchand's jersey? And then they let the prank go for.... 4 seconds? Weak, Boston.

I thought it was moreso a prank on all hockey fans as they're quite aware of how much he's hated.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
At this point... Tomorrow? Maybe?

If I am the league I am kind of pissed. I would have liked it before opening night, today really would have been my drop dead date for it. I mean that is going to be the smallest blip on the bottom line for the NHL tomorrow, Dylan Larkin named captain versus start of the regular season. But whatever, it is Yzerman's show and he really doesn't care to do anything outside of what he wants to do. Heck most of us love him for that, just not sure I get it in this scenario.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Was this supposed to be a prank on Bergeron? Like, they even sewed a C on Marchand's jersey? And then they let the prank go for.... 4 seconds? Weak, Boston.

Bergeron and Marchand have been linemates for a decade and are very close friends. I think it was a way of trying to involve him in a special moment and troll a lot of hockey fans that hate the Bruins. The Bruins like that everyone hates them, even the one we all like in Bergeron has to like that identity a little to have been there for as long as he has. I don't think it was executed well, but I think it was probably a special moment for Marchand and Bergeron which is really what matters.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Can I correct a bit:

The Little Caesar's United Wholesale Mortgage Belle Tire power-play Captain naming Ceremony hosted by Art Regner.
They'll mimic the draft lottery, holding up pics of all the other candidates that didn't get the nod.

The Edmonton Oilers logo will be in the mix until the very end.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
If I am the league I am kind of pissed. I would have liked it before opening night, today really would have been my drop dead date for it. I mean that is going to be the smallest blip on the bottom line for the NHL tomorrow, Dylan Larkin named captain versus start of the regular season. But whatever, it is Yzerman's show and he really doesn't care to do anything outside of what he wants to do. Heck most of us love him for that, just not sure I get it in this scenario.

Hang on, let me get on the same page as you a little bit. Why would the league be pissed exactly? Jersey production/sales or something? Or the publicity on a slow news day?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Hang on, let me get on the same page as you a little bit. Why would the league be pissed exactly? Jersey production/sales or something? Or the publicity on a slow news day?

Publicity on a slow news day... But yes it also is a weird marketing move to wait this long.

Most leagues don't like big announcements on big news days or playing days.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad