So when D'Agostini is healthy....

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Strait was seen by a lot of people here as the next version of Scuderi, well then we got Scuderi back so now it doesn't matter so much, but between him and Bortuzzo, Strait was the guy that the team seemed to be higher on and then he was waived (tried to sneak him through) and the waiver spider web that is the Islanders, took him and he's been a solid guy for them, just because he's a 3rd pairing guy doesn't mean he sucks or is useless for them.

Thing about Strait is that he still has a lot of time to get better, Scuds if you can remember, wasn't much in his first 40 games or so either, it took time for him to be as solid as we all know him as now. Strait had that potential and the Pens basically just let him go for nothing while keeping Lovejoy, whom they later traded anyway. It was just..stupid.

I don't like how people blame Bylsma for so much yet Shero is unscathed for the most part, he's just as much of a problem as Bylsma is. How about some god damn faith in the guys he goes out and gets or drafted? So many Gm's have more faith in the guys they draft or sign, this guy just seems to find trash and hoard it.

Also, I think I died a little no the inside when I saw on Capgeek that Dupuis makes more than Kunitz.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Also, I think I died a little no the inside when I saw on Capgeek that Dupuis makes more than Kunitz.

25K more this season, but once Kunitz's extension kicks in, Kunitz will be making 100K more.

I still hate the Dupuis contract. I hated it from the moment it was signed. If it was one year or one 1M less, I wouldn't have a problem (outside of knowing where Dan was going to play him), but it honestly seems like Shero didn't even negotiate with him at all.

Malkin4Top6Wingerz

Can you like, shutup
Mar 14, 2009
Strait was seen by a lot of people here as the next version of Scuderi, well then we got Scuderi back so now it doesn't matter so much, but between him and Bortuzzo, Strait was the guy that the team seemed to be higher on and then he was waived (tried to sneak him through) and the waiver spider web that is the Islanders, took him and he's been a solid guy for them, just because he's a 3rd pairing guy doesn't mean he sucks or is useless for them.

I didn't say that he sucked or is useless. I'm just saying that it's not exactly like he or any of the other guys in question are making the organization look stupid.

Thing about Strait is that he still has a lot of time to get better, Scuds if you can remember, wasn't much in his first 40 games or so either, it took time for him to be as solid as we all know him as now. Strait had that potential and the Pens basically just let him go for nothing while keeping Lovejoy, whom they later traded anyway. It was just..stupid.

That's the thing though. People thought Lovejoy sucked and wanted him gone, yet he's actually been more successful in his new home than Strait. Granted Strait was injured so not a totally fair comparison, but his TOI is considerably higher and he's managed a +12 in 43 games with Anaheim. With that said, I don't think anybody is going to argue that Lovejoy didn't get a fair shake here, so I question why anybody would even bring up his name. He shouldn't be in the discussion since fans were calling for him to be scratched, not recieve more ice time.

I do agree that it was a little dubious the way they handled their respective situations. Strait didn't have to be lost if they would have traded Lovejoy sooner, but as far as mistakes that come back to haunt you go it's fairly inconsequential. Yes, perhaps Strait would eventually become a Scuderi type, but Scuderi recieved a lot of his development on a bad, bad Pittsburgh blueline on a team that was in the process of rebuilding, somewhat similar to the Islanders now. When you're deep at a position and you're expected to contend for the Cup, guys like that usually get lost in the shuffle. I'm not losing any sleep over Strait - not with Bortuzzo, Despres, Dumoulin, Harrington, and Maatta all competing for the same spot. Hell, Bortuzzo may very well be better than Strait right now.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Jokinen-Malkin-Neal
Bennett-Sutter-Kobasew
Glass-Adams-D'Agostini

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
25K more this season, but once Kunitz's extension kicks in, Kunitz will be making 100K more.

I still hate the Dupuis contract. I hated it from the moment it was signed. If it was one year or one 1M less, I wouldn't have a problem (outside of knowing where Dan was going to play him), but it honestly seems like Shero didn't even negotiate with him at all.
For me it's only the $$$ that is troubling. 4 years is fine, because he'll still be a useful 3rd liner by the end of that. As far as I can tell, the dude is still in great shape and I don't anticipate him falling apart in that time. But he was always a stretch for the top 6, and don't feel good about paying close to 4 mil per for a 3rd liner/utility player, unless the cap goes up MAJORLY next few years.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I would have to think that if any of the currently-playing forwards would get the axe in the event of D'Agostini coming off IR, it'd be Jeffrey/Vitale, not Bennett. I really don't think D'Ags brings anything to the third line that would make the team see him as a more viable option than Bennett. He's much closer to Jeffrey in terms of skill equivalency, and since the organization actually does have a history of scratching Jeffrey and Vitale for lousier players, I'd have to think they'd be the first dominos to fall rather than Beau.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Given the play of Glass and Adams so far this year, throw Bennett on that line and he'll challenge for the Art Ross. :cry:

I could see him and D'Agostini flipped between 3rd and 4th line at points.

Odd, apparently Beau has taken down his twitter account. Guessing he got bombed with questions about last night. For shame . . . the kid's stuff was pretty funny. :(

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I could see him and D'Agostini flipped between 3rd and 4th line at points.

Odd, apparently Beau has taken down his twitter account. Guessing he got bombed with questions about last night. For shame . . . the kid's stuff was pretty funny. :(

His instagram says he's, going off the grid for a couple of months.

"Beau Bennett Professional eater but I will be playing hockey today (Going off the grid for a couple months)"
http://instagram.com/beaubennett78#

Maybe Bylsma offed him?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
His instagram says he's, going off the grid for a couple of months.

"Beau Bennett Professional eater but I will be playing hockey today (Going off the grid for a couple months)"
http://instagram.com/beaubennett78#

Maybe Bylsma offed him?

Maybe he's just preparing for the inevitable. A Despres like eating inspired trip to WBS :)sarcasm: . . . maybe).

Gary Roberts

Have you seen my father?
Oct 23, 2009
... Yep... If you have potential and don't have experience you ain't getting it here.

It's becoming a vicious cycle...

Shero drafts talented defensemen, Bylsma doesn't play them
Shero signs marginal NHL depth forwards, Bylsma can't stop playing them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad