So when D'Agostini is healthy....

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
See, this is what I mean. People don't like that you're a condescending ******* (and worse yet, you don't even deserve to condescend to anyone), so you double down on the condescension and frame it as if you're some persecuted hockey intellectual. Get the **** over yourself and consider a new hobby.

My point was in the first line of that post. KIRK backs up all of his arguments win in depth analysis and backs it up with stats and/or facts.

If you don't agree with his opinion, post you own in depth analysis and back it up with stats and/or facts.

Please let us know why you feel KCD should be kept together or that BB should get 6 min or that Bort should be scratched because we can actually discuss that. Don't just piss and moan that people are down on DB w/o giving any reason for us not to.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
See, this is what I mean. People don't like that you're a condescending ******* (and worse yet, you don't even deserve to condescend to anyone), so you double down on the condescension and frame it as if you're some persecuted hockey intellectual. Get the **** over yourself and consider a new hobby.

You know what, everyone here has different opinions. BFD. Some celebrate wins on their own merits. Some celebrate scoring titles or the entertainment value of a game. Others celebrate how things will translate in the playoffs.

On a serious level, that's why there was such a disparity on assessing how Malkin played the first three games of the season. Some saw the absence of goals and flash as a problem. Others saw how his disciplined play and excellent defense would translate like it did in 2009 against Detroit and thus saw something positive.

On a less serious level, it's a message board. People are sarcastic, sanctimonious, hyperbolic, and everything in between and around. And, last I checked, you are one given to all of the above at times. To now sit here like some martyr is the height of hypocrisy.

Get over yourself. You want to talk hockey with people who agree, do it. You want to talk hockey with people who disagree, do it. You want to be snippy with people or back slap the like minded, do it. Otherwise, hit the ignore button for anything you don't like. Just please spare us this holier than thou stuff, because THAT really is offensive.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I don't like your tone. It's so negative.

Now, about those dirty bowling alley shoes, go get your shine box. ;)

EDIT: Please tell me you got BOTH references here, because I shudder to think how you'd react if you were a member of the sensitivity police.

goodfellas_painting.jpg

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
My point was in the first line of that post. KIRK backs up all of his arguments win in depth analysis and backs it up with stats and/or facts.

If you don't agree with his opinion, post you own in depth analysis and back it up with stats and/or facts.

Please let us know why you feel KCD should be kept together or that BB should get 6 min or that Bort should be scratched because we can actually discuss that. Don't just piss and moan that people are down on DB w/o giving any reason for us not to.
KIRK bloviates a lot. You've confusing volume with depth. He's actually factually incorrect all the damn time, but when it gets pointed out he either decides it's suddenly irrelevant (which is beautiful when it's his own point he's disregarding), insists that even when he's wrong he's right, or just throws out a "but Bylsma" red herring. Which isn't to say he's not actually an intelligent guy, just that he's so obsessed with his pet issue that he's gone...mad.

I think KCD should be broken up. I think it's bizarre that every other line gets shuffled except that one. Once again, you've confused criticisms of behavior and tone with arguments regarding Bylsma.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
KIRK bloviates a lot. You've confusing volume with depth. He's actually factually incorrect all the damn time, but when it gets pointed out he either decides it's suddenly irrelevant (which is beautiful when it's his own point he's disregarding), insists that even when he's wrong he's right, or just throws out a "but Bylsma" red herring. Which isn't to say he's not actually an intelligent guy, just that he's so obsessed with his pet issue that he's gone...mad.

I think KCD should be broken up. I think it's bizarre that every other line gets shuffled except that one. Once again, you've confused criticisms of behavior and tone with arguments regarding Bylsma.

Then dispute his points, don't just moan because you don't like him.

If you don't like reading his posts, no one is forcing you to not ignore him or any threads that you don't like.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Good lord, you remind me of the last person with whom I had a blow up who 'deals in facts'. :shakehead

Then dispute his points, don't just moan because you don't like him.

If you don't like reading his posts, no one is forcing you to not ignore him or any threads that you don't like.

Foolish lad, how you underestimate my powers so.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
He's impossible to ignore. I've tried. He ensures he dominates the forum whenever he's on it.

Frankly, I'm actually pretty grateful to KIRK. Because of his arrogance and ignorance, I was able to "scoreboard" my profession for the first time ever a week or two ago. That was very satisfying.

Nietzsche Zone Play

Jun 11, 2010
Pittsburgh
A few people here have voiced why I have avoided this board for so long, and why many writers I respect just knock this place. I'm going to bow out of here as well.

There could be interesting discussion on here, it just rarely ever happens. it hasn't been worth trying to start it either, which is kinda sad. The music thread was the only engaging thread.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Good lord, you remind me of the last person with whom I had a blow up who 'deals in facts'. :shakehead

Foolish lad, how you underestimate my powers so.

you need to prove that DB didn't win the Cup, Adams, and was the fastest to 200? Oh you can't? Then I'm right because I've decided that if a coach has all of those accomplishments in the past then he is a good coach now.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
you need to prove that DB didn't win the Cup, Adams, and was the fastest to 200? Oh you can't? Then I'm right because I've decided that if a coach has all of those accomplishments in the past then he is a good coach now.

You know, I remember how Mark Madden wrote a column after the Pens won a cup talking about how Bylsma screwed the Pens by winning the cup. After being crucified, he back tracked. Funny thing is, the article was, if anything, prophetic.

Perhaps, then, I'm just some religious style hockey nut who's blind belief in prophecy causes him to ignore (and thus be wrong all the time) about facts and to assume a tone that is unique, unique I tell you, to this board in its level of sarcasm and hyperbole at times.

The things one learns here . . . for me, it's that I am a religious zealot reincarnated as a hockey fanatic. I swear, now I know where Fleury went looking for psychologist candidates. :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
< 10 mins TOI/G though. Those are fourth line minutes.

Yes, they are. That said, I think Jeffrey will do better for minutes and a role and a chance wherever he ends up.

The Tangradi reference started with Ragamuffin, who cited the roles Letestu, Tangradi, Lovejoy, and Strait have gotten elsewhere.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
On-topic, does anyone actually know what's wrong with D'Agostini? So little has been reported about his injury and he's now on LTIR. Kobasew more or less stole his roster spot so I wonder if there's some sort of burial going on there.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
On-topic, does anyone actually know what's wrong with D'Agostini? So little has been reported about his injury and he's now on LTIR. Kobasew more or less stole his roster spot so I wonder if there's some sort of burial going on there.

I thought it was lower body. Possibly burying, probably no one caring enough to try and find out.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com

if you're looking for a conspiracy angle, you could say they're leaving him on IR for long enough to make a "conditioning assignment" to WB/S look unsuspicious...but that seems a little farfetched to me. I've not heard any specifics about his injury, which is par for the course when it comes to marginal players, I guess.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I thought it was lower body. Possibly burying, probably no one caring enough to try and find out.

Rossi, Yohe, etc . . . not sensational enough

Molinari . . . not important enough

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Some kind of lower body injury they said. I don't think it was more specific. J.Mart was apparently enamored with DJ, and even he is surely the odd man out when Neal is back. Although I do like DJ, Vitale's faceoffs are really helpful to the 4th line, so I'd prefer he be out there.

Anyways, none of this bodes well for Dags, who appears to be the 14th forward when everyone is healthy. Though it would be nice to see Adams or Glass take a few nights off. Them playing too many games in the manner they need to in order to be effective will lead to bad things.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
if you're looking for a conspiracy angle, you could say they're leaving him on IR for long enough to make a "conditioning assignment" to WB/S look unsuspicious...but that seems a little farfetched to me. I've not heard any specifics about his injury, which is par for the course when it comes to marginal players, I guess.

Maybe, but I believe the length of a conditioning assignment is limited by rule and the end result is ultimately him rejoining the big club. His salary isn't high enough that they couldn't just bury him in the minors, but generally teams don't like sending down one way guys if they can help it (or they're rich and circumventing the cap under the old CBA). I think they might still need to move someone for him to rejoin the team, if that's the intention.

It's probably also that no one cares about Matt D'Agostini beyond the vague "lower body". Poor guy.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Rossi, Yohe, etc . . . not sensational enough

Molinari . . . not important enough

It would be sensationalistic if they thought the Pens were burying him.

Rossi's sources say that star forward Matt D'Agostono suffered a sprained ankle and has been kept on LTIR to circumvent the cap. Simon Despres got him but the Pens have Simone on weight watchers so it's safe for others; Despres may have concussed Crosby. More later!

I honestly keep forgetting he's signed to the Pens.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Oh right, this guy was signed by Shero.

Edit: I'm bored and I noticed Kesler is ice cold with the Canucks while browsing boxscores...I then thought to myself "You know, I'd totally trade Niskanen and Sutter for him as our 3rd line C."

I probably should go to sleep now.

Last edited:

Malkin4Top6Wingerz

Can you like, shutup
Mar 14, 2009
Yes, they are. That said, I think Jeffrey will do better for minutes and a role and a chance wherever he ends up.

The Tangradi reference started with Ragamuffin, who cited the roles Letestu, Tangradi, Lovejoy, and Strait have gotten elsewhere.

Which is why I'm doing my duty and dispelling these myths. Tangradi isn't any good and has gotten basically the same minutes he got here and has been just as unproductive in his 'shots' to land a bigger role. Letestu was a casualty of our center depth and was given adequate ice time during his time here. Lovejoy? People were calling for him to be benched or traded in practically every game he played here. As for Strait, I never really understood the fascination with this guy. He would never have amounted to anything here. Currently he's a bottom pairing defenseman for the Islanders. We already have a logjam at defense as it is. I wish Shero could have gotten something for him is my only regret.

Look, if Bennett starts to get marginalized in favor of Kobasew, D'Agostini I'm in total agreement that it will be a boneheaded decision by Bylsma. I just can't go along with this notion that Bylsma is stunting the growth of all of these talented youngsters. Nobody in the group that's even in this discussion has proven anything, although I'd really like to have Letestu and his contract right about now so we could flip Sutter for a winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->