Speculation: So what's wrong then (Possession + shots for/against)

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
This week break is pivotal to fixing things, if I'm Carlyle I do several things:

1. I take the team to either an Ottawa or Montreal game (don't like the teams but hey they're close by) and have the team watch how teams properly execute breakout plays, they need to step away and get a new prespective on things.

2. Back at operation central, Carlyle needs to show the videos of all the little things the Leafs have done wrong, and then show them videos on how to properly be aggressive right off the bat and to make break out plays out of their own end.

3. Every day this week the entire practice needs to be devoted to executing this, if I'm Carlyle I split the teams into 2, without goalies and just have them 5on5 working on properly breaking the puck out of the own end, heck I'd even bring down 10k people to come watch just so the players can learn to get over their jitters.

A week of this should go a long way of fixing our issues.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Karma's a ***** and finally all that "keep calm Corsi's wrong." talk is catching up to us. :laugh:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Karma's a ***** and finally all that "keep calm Corsi's wrong." talk is catching up to us. :laugh:

It's not the talk that is catching up, but rather the odds as logically if you're outshot, outplayed and out-chanced on a regular basis the odds suggest your going to lose more than you win regularly.

Strong goaltending is only going to carry you so far defying the odds game after game the bigger the sample size gets.

Its a real legitimate concern that requires fixing and better team play. Hopefully the week break here allows Carlyle some practice time to fix the things that are broken.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Its a real legitimate concern that requires fixing and better team play. Hopefully the week break here allows Carlyle some practice time to fix the things that are broken.

It's wishful thinking sorry to say! The Leafs were embarrassed in Game 7 (due to similar play this season) and have had all offseason plus 15 games to fix these big time issues yet its not getting better and if anything it's getting worse as time goes on. I feel Carlyle needs to change his style and do a "180" but he's old school and likely feels because we made the playoffs last year and are 10-5-0 this year that he feels he doesn't need to change things drastically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad