So what's the excuse NOW?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So Connor haters what's the excuse now?

First it was "we he hadn't beaten anyone in the top 10" he proceeded to smash Porier and Siver who at the time were ranked 5 and 10.

Then it was "Well the UFC is protecting him against wrestlers," he finished the guy considered the best wrestler in the division in Chad Mendez

THEN it was

"Well he hasn't beaten Aldo."13 seconds, ONE punch.

What's the excuse NOW? What more can be said?

Connor has told us what he was going to do and then gone done every single thing he has ever said.

He is the man, accept it.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
You don't know what an excuse is.
First it was "we he hadn't beaten anyone in the top 10"
That was the truth, he hadn't at the time.

Then it was "Well the UFC is protecting him against wrestlers,"
Another true statement insofar as he hadn't fought wrestlers at the time. UFC 'protecting' him is called smart matchmaking. They do that for a ton of prospects until they're ready for the deep end.

THEN it was

"Well he hasn't beaten Aldo."
Truth again, he hadn't at the time.

Conor has his haters of course but you seem to think anyone not 100% on his nuts is a hater.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
Also, before Weidman beat Silva people were saying "toughest guy he's faced before Silva is Mark Munoz". That was true. He beat Silva and that statement still held true. McGregor fanboys are so wildly insecure it's ridiculous.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
No excuses, he predicts deese tings. Although it's kind of reminiscent of the first JDS-Cain fight. Cain did come back and dominated him twice.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Admittedly I never liked Conor based on all the pre-fight crap, but seeing how humble and respectful he has been since beating Aldo has me coming around.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch, but not immediately. Make Aldo fight Holloway first while McGregor takes on Edgar. Assuming McGregor stays at 145...

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Admittedly I never liked Conor based on all the pre-fight crap, but seeing how humble and respectful he has been since beating Aldo has me coming around.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch, but not immediately. Make Aldo fight Holloway first while McGregor takes on Edgar. Assuming McGregor stays at 145...

I've always found McGregor entertaining, but the Mendes fight was the one that I really became a fan. Fought through adversity early in the fight, and he just seemed so happy and genuine after the fight.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
So Connor haters what's the excuse now?

First it was "we he hadn't beaten anyone in the top 10" he proceeded to smash Porier and Siver who at the time were ranked 5 and 10.

Then it was "Well the UFC is protecting him against wrestlers," he finished the guy considered the best wrestler in the division in Chad Mendez

THEN it was

"Well he hasn't beaten Aldo."13 seconds, ONE punch.

What's the excuse NOW? What more can be said?

Connor has told us what he was going to do and then gone done every single thing he has ever said.

He is the man, accept it.

lol irl

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
It's pretty entertaining how McGregor fans love to act like him.

Props to him on his win but none of those things you mentioned were excuses. They were legit issues with his resume that he has since added to. He has silenced critics but that isn't to say those were not legit qualms at the time.

He'll face these very same critics again if he moves to Lightweight and takes on some of the talent they have in that division (and there is a lot of it).

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It's pretty entertaining how McGregor fans love to act like him.

Props to him on his win but none of those things you mentioned were excuses. They were legit issues with his resume that he has since added to. He has silenced critics but that isn't to say those were not legit qualms at the time.

He'll face these very same critics again if he moves to Lightweight and takes on some of the talent they have in that division (and there is a lot of it).

Agree with all of this.

member 51464

Any past examples of guys moving up one weight class, and how did they fair? He won't be a big dude anymore, and I imagine those 155ers hit way effing harder.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
B.J Penn won the welterweight title from Matt Hughes in his debut at that weight. He was then stripped of the title for signing with K-1.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Any past examples of guys moving up one weight class, and how did they fair? He won't be a big dude anymore, and I imagine those 155ers hit way effing harder.

I believe he held a belt at 155 in his old organization. 155 isn't new for him.

Randy did.
BJ won the belt. Hendo went up and down. Most guys go down, and I can't think of any other guys that moved up and won a belt, in modern MMA. Silva, Lawler, Vera, etc have moved up to take fights but went back down.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com

Lately, on the short term, guys moving up looked much better than those moving down. Benson Henderson, John Lineker and Dustin Poirier are great examples. I haven't seen a lot of examples of cases of guys moving up and doing terrible as long they don't look fatter. Hell, even a shot Scott Jorgensen can take a punch better moving up :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad