So, what's going on with McCarron..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark24

Jun 17, 2013
Great to see, great to see. I've always held strong belief that Grant really knows what he's talking about. Good on u Grant.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
One he is awesome with us so many posters are going to be eating big time crow.

I predicted, from the moment that we drafted him that he was going to be good.

Still stand by my claim.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
One he is awesome with us so many posters are going to be eating big time crow.

I predicted, from the moment that we drafted him that he was going to be good.

Still stand by my claim.

I will eat gladly eat my share of crow and I know many of my friends will as well :laugh:

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Allow me to doubt that for a second here. I don't remember ANYBODY having De La Rose as a potential pick at the #26 spot. Fucale sure, but not DLR.

I didn't have DLR at 26th but as the draft when along at that point my pick would have been DLR pretty sure I mentionned this a few time before, Pretty sure call him best Mtl best pick of the draft on draft day. Also wouldn't of drafted Furcale or any Goalie at 26th I Probably wouldn't of pick a goalie before 55th.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
The season is young but it's a very good sign. Hopefully this isn't like Sergei Kostitsyn just feeding off more talented players.

.5 PPG in NHL Career, while leaving it just before turning 26 (hence missing multiple prime years). I don't want to start nitpicking about S.Kostitsyn, but if McCarron can post regular 40-45 points season while being an absolute steamrolling machine, I would be quite glad (even if his ceiling might even be higher)

Edit: Shutdown man, look at the date of the rankings that you gave us: Posted Sept. 20, so before the 12-13 season! Look at Drouin not cracking the top 10 is a joke, it's before his 100 pts season (105 in 49 games IIRC)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Like I pointed out on numerous occasions, I never called him a bust nor did any other serious poster.

How "serious" might a random sampling of these posters be? And, they're not all saying he'll bust, but safe to say there are quite a few who claimed he would and the rest wouldn't exclude it.

I hope we trade the pick for a roster player. I'm tired of drafting busts like Leblanc and Mccarron.

Not impressed by this London team, even less with McCarron, I would be happy if he develops in a decent fourth liner at this point..

Montreal Impact FC said:
Mccarron from his tweets and pics doesnt seem to be mature like really like a young kid with a monster body.... we might have to be extra patient with him... bit could totally be a total bust too. He doesnt seem to be motivated.

a less talented Dustin Penner?

Binary Code said:

Galchenyuksnipes said:
You guys should really stop using the excuse that low point totals dont = bust
It has nothing to do with points, watch him play one full game and you'll see he just cant skate, shoot, pass, hit or show any kind of hockey smarts

I highly doubt he'll pick it up next year

no mccarron isn't a bust already.. but do you honestly think he's going to turn into something.. likely not.

If the moon and stars align he will be a decent third line grinder on a bottom feeder team.
4th liner on a contender.

be honest with yourselves.

Too early to tell butI think he'll bust just like if not more than Leblanc honestly. Seen him play and it's nothing special to be quite serious with you.

Whitesnake said:
It is not looking good so far......this year. Guy was picked out of potential and projections. At worst, he is a good definition of boom or bust based on needs. While the Habs were going with a safer pick later on in DLR. And a goalie who was also a need.

The idea is that, in the end, if a guy is so much better yet doesn't seem to fill a need, we should pick him anyway, as tons of prospects we think will make it, never will...or you could do a Neal for Goligoski type of swap if needed.

Mathletic said:
thought there was no bust factor with McCarron :sarcasm:

Whitesnake said:
What do you mean? Though you did read me saying "At worst", not sure why he couldn't bust....like tons of other players do anyway. He will bust if he never improves and plays all of his junior seasons like he is now, and if that's his ceiling. If THAT happens, he busts. Thing is.....I don't believe he will. And I think we need to be extremely patient. So please make me remember where I said there were no bust factor with him.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Loving this VERY BIPOLAR thread!! (reminds me of the J.Tinordi thread from 1-2yrs ago...also a bipolar thread!!;)).

3rd liner, 2nd liner, 1st liner...can't wait for Big Mac!! He will definitely add that SIZE/HEIGHT/GRIT to our Habs' lineup one day (with good passing/vision/passing ; and good skating for a huge player). He'll compliment any line for sure and can be so useful on PP (screening the goalie) and maybe even on the PK (long reach).

Maybe he'll start on our 4th line (or 3rd line) in approx. TWO YEARS or maybe less?(can't stand all this waiting, but proper development/patience is the only way for Big Mac to become that solid player). AHL next season for Big Mac? (start him on the 4th and slowly move him up to 3rd and then 2nd line with more skilled players, or...start him with skilled players from the get-go since he seems to be better with skilled/fast players...no?! yes?!).

Do some of you think he will be used as a CENTER for our Habs? (or a winger?). Also...is McCarron currently being used as London's 1st line CENTER? (thanks for any info). One last question (if you please!)...does McCarron go to the front of the net often...now? (does he do that on the PP for the London Knights? PK time?).

GREAT CENTER DEPTH:
<Plekanec
<Galchenyuk (center one day)
<Eller
<DD (traded in a year or two??)
<De La Rose
<McCarron (center? winger?)

Go Big Mac Go!!:handclap: (can't wait to see Mac in a Hab jersey!!:yo:, but will remain patient...no choice;)).

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
How "serious" might a random sampling of these posters be? And, they're not all saying he'll bust, but safe to say there are quite a few who claimed he would and the rest wouldn't exclude it.

Yes, all the ones you quoted no where in there did I say he would bust or anything to that affect.

Last edited:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
We still haven't figured out the ceiling on a 25 yr old Eller and we are arguing about where McCarron will plateau this early in on?

Happy with his play this year but wasn't unhappy last year especially with what Tinordi went through in London

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Absolutely. Anyone who says they shouldn't have gambled on him in the first round doesn't get what he could be if the total package comes together. If he plays like he did in pre-season and like he has to start the year in London while putting up 30 points in the NHL, no one should be complaining, that's an asset on any team. If he puts up 50 points a year, he's the envy of every other team in the NHL.

50 points? At 30 points per season, he will have a long, well-paid career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->