So whats going on with Filatov?

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
from speaking with a few people and following his formspring account for a while i got the impression he was not committed enough and/or too immature.

Last edited:

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
I really don't understand the hatred over this guy.

What did he do different from Silfverberg?

The kid's got bills. Real world commitments. If he wants to play in Russia for more money than he'd make bussing around NY / Penn. all winter long...so what?

He did NOT get a fair chance here in Ottawa. He's still young, he could pull a Radulov...who knows? If he decides he wants to play in the NHL, we own his rights.

What's the problem?

Thank you :handclap:

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I really don't understand the hatred over this guy.

What did he do different from Silfverberg?

The kid's got bills. Real world commitments. If he wants to play in Russia for more money than he'd make bussing around NY / Penn. all winter long...so what?

He did NOT get a fair chance here in Ottawa. He's still young, he could pull a Radulov...who knows? If he decides he wants to play in the NHL, we own his rights.

What's the problem?

Nailed it. So much unnecessary vitriol towards the kid, and mostly because the press demonized him to the fans.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
How long do we hold on to his rights? We qualified him, right?

If Ottawa continues to qualify him each year then I would assume until he is the age the new CBA deems RFA to expire. Originally that would have been 27 IRC? Some team could always try to offer sheet him but I doubt that would happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->